(MV Version only) Do you think canvas fall-back for this plugin is neccesary?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@jackassets it is not abbandon, he/she took a few days off.
there are some small problems, but no worries, once the creator
is back, it will be fixed :) or updated.

pennylessz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
So I'm having an issue where I can't get the light to not illuminate the top of the wall behind it. I even used the z setting in the parameters.07D79A69-990A-469F-9343-C6EE700D9D18.png

AeroFunk80

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I'm having an issue where I can't get the light to not illuminate the top of the wall behind it. I even used the z setting in the parameters.View attachment 224614

Shora is taking a small break, but they said they'll be back soon. I've been using this plugin for a few weeks now and love it. Totally worth the wait. I can't figure out how to get the lighting to not show on top of the wall, either, but I'm sure it'll be fixed with a future update. :)

NineTales

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I know the plugin developer is away at the moment, but is there a command for turning on and off the player/actor light?

Last edited:

adaf

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
español
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just found an error where the plugin does not allow me to continue the previously saved game, however when creating a new game and continue it works correctly, obviously this is not convenient, I hope to make myself understood since I am not very good with English and I know that the author is absent at the moment but if someone knows how to solve this error it would help me a lot by telling me how to solve it.

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@adaf in case you made changes to the map or change parameters
and than continue on a saved game or adding new plugins.

this doesn't work by than.

changes with light on map or new map does not work either.
if you just close the game and test it again (or by deployed game),
than it would be different story.

Dreigonix

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Quick question: what's the hexcode for default daytime ambience?

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dreigonix that depends, it has no default hexcode though, it's
what you prefer of the color, and see what hexcode that is to use.

arcthemonkey

Just a Floating Biscuit of Air
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dank Memes
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I know Shora is away, but I wonder if anyone has encountered this/come up with a solution. I'm using Shora's lighting plugin with Galv's layer graphics plugin, and they seem to play together very nicely... maybe too nicely. My issue is that my layers that are above the player are receiving full illumination, when I'd prefer at least one of those layers to behave similarly to the way tiles with the region ID of 50 are treated - as if they were above the light.

I've included two images. The first has the issue circled - the top of the doorframe is something the player walks under, but should preferably be getting the "top block ambient" light value, I believe. The second shows the map's regions. I'd like the light to be able to shine through the doorways but under the doorframe.

My plan B is the ditch the top of the door frame and resize the doors to fit the new size and hope this issue never comes up again? It looks fine if the light source is inside the room with the frame, but this game is going to involve lots of beams of light through doorways/flashlights.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them. Thanks!

Attachments

• issue.png
    issue.png
    137.2 KB · Views: 16
  • regionIDs.png
    regionIDs.png
    56.1 KB · Views: 16

AeroFunk80

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I know the plugin developer is away at the moment, but is there a command for turning on and off the player/actor light?
Not sure if anyone answered this or if you figured it out, but you just add/remove the "Light" item to turn the player flashlight on/off. Put it in your inventory turns it on, then remove it to turn it off. I have mine as a Hidden Item.

pennylessz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm having trouble getting the shading to appear on certain bends in walls.

AeroFunk80

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
is it possible to turn off the darkness in some scenes?
*EDIT* Realized my answer below wasn't your question. I'm not quite sure on changing/turning brightness/darkness on/off/up/down per scene/map. Though... I'd love to know this too :cool:

I do this two different ways:

1. You can through an event with two pages. So, page one have the light plugin command for it to be on. Then have a second page with no lighting code. Turn that switch ON/OFF to go back and forth between the event pages.

2. If you want to turn the light on/off within an event through Script Call:

$gameLighting.setStatus(ID, 'on') --> Change "ID" to the Event ID # and you can go between 'on' and 'off'

EXAMPLE: $gameLighting.setStatus(23, 'on')

CyanGhosty

ghost
Reaction score
First Language
Danish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
is it possible to turn off the darkness in some scenes?
Do you mean the map ambient? because if so you can change by making an event with a script that says
$gameLighting.setMapAmbient('color', time)
By default its set to #232323 / Ambient, Setting it to #ffffff / white like this
$gameLighting.setMapAmbient('white', 0)
should comepletely turn off the darkness, hope that helped :)

pennylessz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Some of my lights simply aren't illuminating, even when they're copies of lights that do illuminate.

AeroFunk80

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Some of my lights simply aren't illuminating, even when they're copies of lights that do illuminate.
I haven't run into this issue. You sure the event page isn't attached to a Switch that isn't active yet? Can you post a screenshot of the event page?

AeroFunk80

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

pennylessz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hmmm... not sure. I recreated the event in my game and it worked. Just an FYI...

1. The light under doesn't actually do anything right now. Shora plans to fix that one day.
2. You don't need it set to a Parallel process.

Did you try deleting it and copying and pasting one that's working?
For starters, every light in this room is using light under, so that's bizarre. Secondarily, they're all copied and pasted from each other, not written individually. I.e, this one is copied from the working ones near it.

Edit: Wait, is there any downside to having it set to parallel? Does it slow the game down?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Mixing different pixi filters over a picture. :MV3:

lumina_in_space.jpg

I don't know if my game dev skills are improving... But my waifu making ones sure are. :LZSwink:
Who wants to solve a riddle from my game?
"I prayed for her to lay down her worldly habit and accept the invitation to change her life forever." From lost to found. From past to present, From frown to smile. From the way people treat her as nothing but something to say wow about. From faithless to faithful. From something no one wants to something valuable, someone will respect and love. Thank you, Jesus.
Two new amazing plugins from @NhatNguyen! Footsteps & Stamina. Video on Twitter showcasing:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiamat