MZ Preview #7: MZ Sample Games, Upcoming MZ First Look Stream!

RPGMakerWeb

Admin
Admin
Reaction score
First Language
RPG Maker
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
As many of you discovered last week, the Japanese MZ Sample games are out in the wild! And while many of you have downloaded them to take a look, we’ve been asked repeatedly if there are any English Sample games coming. And the answer is: Yes!

There will be multiple English Sample games, and today we are going to preview the first one that will be released: Wolf’s Gang by long time RPG Maker community member Caz!

Your name is Wolfgang. You are a wolfman. You live in the tower of the Dark Lord with all your friends. It’s your birthday! Your friends all throw you a party… but it isn’t all fun and games.

The heroes attack! The Dark Lord is killed. The tower is in ruins. Your friends are no more. What do you do?

What else is there to do? Rebuild!

Travel to many memorable locations…

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is wolfsgang-gif1.gif

...locate monsters to recruit to your party and army…

…and finally, take the fight to the heroes themselves!

Wolf’s Gang will be available close to the MZ release, with more English MZ sample games from some familiar names on the way!

RPG Maker MZ First Look Livestream!

Looking for a better look at RPG Maker MZ itself! Don’t worry, we have you covered. Join us this Friday, 4-7pm Pacific time on Youtube for our RPG Maker MZ First Look LIvestream.

Nick (hey that’s me!) will be exploring the engine, looking at new features, asking questions, and making some maps. Drop in to ask your questions, or just to chat with the community.

DoubleX

Just a nameless weakling
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
N/A
Just curious: Will there be yet another preview next week(even though it'd be just 1 day before release)?

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Aight, there better be a Amadeus reference in Wolf's gang @Caz, 'cause the song is stuck in my head now. :kaoswt2:
The screenshots look great. Can't wait to see what else the English sample games will have to offer :3

I'm assuming the livestream will be saved for later viewing this time around? :p

ultimagicka

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Seeing how info gets dropped early morning (3am here for me) would we be able to start the download next Thursday at 3am? If so I will be up with coffee in hand! Huge thank yous from me to everyone involved with this. So excited to finally get the engine.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Info gets dropped based on when JP releases info. Not sure if the EN release will be timed the same as the JP release.

ultimagicka

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's what I figured. It's all good, only one week left!:rheh:

Starmage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
FIlipino
Primarily Uses
N/A
Sweet! I can't wait to play English sample games! :D Ive seen the japanese game samples, and they looked fun! ^_^

Last edited:

Caz

Green Eyes Blonde Dragon
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I wanna thank Degica so much for the hard work they've been putting into these announcements, and Touch has done an awesome job doing what he can with the information he's been allowed to share.

I'm super grateful for the opportunity to make one of the MZ sample games, and it's been so hard not to gush to everyone about how incredible MZ is haha! What I can say is: I would not go back to MV now, after using MZ for this game. There are many people worried that "it should've just been an update" but honestly: it couldn't. MZ kicks some serious butt, and I recommend it 100%! :thumbsup-left::ewink:

@slimmmeiske2 there might not be any references in-game, but I can guarantee the song was blasted a fair few times during development, so it was always in my heart while I was making it. :rswt

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
MZ may be more convenient with new options and so on, but let's not forget the huge amount of plugins made for MV. If I were to take my game as an example, while I wrote a few scripts here and there, I'm still extremely based on Yanfly's plugins.

Until VisuStella is done readying the Yanfly plugins I used, and until a Lighting plugin like Terrax's appears, I cannot port my current game to MZ with my current abilities.

So, yes, I'll be playing with MZ for a while, but no, I won't give up on MV for at least one or two years. But, buying MZ gives me new tiles and BGMs for my game, and that's great :D

ultimagicka

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I hope there is a really big turn out for your live stream Touchfuzzy! I also hope it can be a regular thing whether for work or personal. Looking forward to tomorrow night :rock-left:

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I hope there is a really big turn out for your live stream Touchfuzzy! I also hope it can be a regular thing whether for work or personal. Looking forward to tomorrow night :rock-left:
Starting after release I'll be streaming weekly through the RMW Youtube. Wednesday 4-7pm Pacific. I'll basically start making a game in the first stream, and every stream I'll just keep making the same game. And hopefully finish it one day. :p.

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Touchfuzzy, since the stream will be at the time I'm chatting with Morpheus, will we able to watch the stream later on, or will you keep it strictly live?

ultimagicka

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Starting after release I'll be streaming weekly through the RMW Youtube. Wednesday 4-7pm Pacific. I'll basically start making a game in the first stream, and every stream I'll just keep making the same game. And hopefully finish it one day. :p.
Awesome, that is great news. I will definitely set aside that time slot!

Milennin

"With a bang and a boom!"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Was hoping for a playable demo. :/

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist/ Forum Reactor‍/ Advocatus Diaboli
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Let go bother @Caz at discord. After the demo is unplayable lol. Thank you @Caz for making a role-reversal game.

• Love
Reactions: Caz

DoubleX

Just a nameless weakling
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
N/A
I wonder how much HP damage will be dealt to @Touchfuzzy during this livestream(even enough he seems to be immortal during the last several weeks), especially when there will probably be at least thousands of viewers :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

1 million messages is approaching. The end is near! M1M is like Y2K, but forum based. It's a bug that's gonna delete all attachments when we hit 1 mil messages. At least with Y2K we had warning....
If you manage to make a game that people play for hours, then reminding them to take a break gives that “This game cares about me” feeling and also lowers chance of burnout with your game.
Well... things are slow. I'm still waiting to get called back into my position, but I do have some time to design my games.
Suddenly wanna hear this ...
The best way to end your day? Cuddle your kitten! :LZSproud:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
popa182005