MZ Preview #7: MZ Sample Games, Upcoming MZ First Look Stream!

Alexandr_7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
You should be able to make a plugin that replaces the "!" with another string (like "erp") you can see in the js code where this is and just rewrite it yourself without a plugin. It is a very minor change.
You are not insolent by chance? I don't have to know JS to fix KADOKAWA's bugs. This is KADOKAWA's cant and their duty to correct. But they won't fix it.

DoubleX

Just a nameless weakling
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
N/A
You are not insolent by chance? I don't have to know JS to fix KADOKAWA's bugs. This is KADOKAWA's cant and their duty to correct. But they won't fix it.
How about asking some plugin developers to fix the bug for you?

killdude

RPD Officer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Turkish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Anyone inform me about database capacities?

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How about asking some plugin developers to fix the bug for you?
I had to go back to see what the actual problem was, because I've never heard of any issues or bugs with ! or $. Having read it, I'm not surprised. While a plugin would allow the file name to be changed and for the image to appear correctly when playing, it would mess up the editor - much like spritesheets that have more than 3 animation frames. So while it COULD be done, it makes the development a less enjoyable experience. I agree that if MV/MZ are touted as multi-platform (including the games they produce), then the engine/editor should not rely on the use of characters that are not acceptable in file names on those platforms. I always wondered how those characters could be okay when other symbols weren't. Turns out they're really not okay.

winkr7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
The guy misspelled insolvent anyway. (that is a joke in case you are not sure--I bought MZ afterall).

ferallag

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When is it out??????? Its now 2pm aug 20 still waiting for that email!

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Concerning the ! and $; my files are uploaded on an old ftp given by my isp. These files pose no issue. You may want to reconsider your hosting plans if they can't support ordinary characters like those.

I could understand the issue if the name had to start with / \ or :, but ! and $ are not really an issue...

SolonWise

The Lonely Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So, there will be a 30 days trial like MV?

rooge

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@SolonWise I suppose definitely yes, they now already offer a trial version at the Japanese RPG Maker store.

Excuse me, but the new store is pretty messy right now. I hope you find what you are looking for there.

ferallag

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
how do we login on the new site?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Little early but to all of you that celebrate it :

Tomorrow is Halloween! I can't wait to go to Boxi Park and show off my costume! Also one of Dad's friends is staying the night, so he might get to see the show.
Here's the title-screen for the game I'm working on: :LZSgrin:
Oh man I've been struggling with event spawners and Qmovement compatibility for quite a while- went as far as to use a tool just to pick crops :kaocry: but Ritter got their spawner to work with Qmove and I'm screeing! It's still in testing period but just- the feeling of getting over a large gameplay hurdle is a HUGE relief, I'm so thankful to Ritter! It's a cheap paid plugin but totally worth it!
Welp, I just finished my favorite part of RPG making which is creating skills, now onto the tasks I like less so the motivation is lower. At least I'll get to create new ones while designing enemies!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kandoras