Jragyn

JABS codemonkey
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Great plugin! Just one question. Can this be used with custom parameters from say Eli Custom Parameters?
not without modifying the plugin to accommodate the implementation of custom parameters that Eli's plugin creates.

It is worth noting that this plugin currently supports no custom parameters of any type in its current state. However, I can't imagine it'd be terribly difficult for @Eliaquim to hack in a means to accommodate that within the SDP plugin.

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Great plugin! Just one question. Can this be used with custom parameters from say Eli Custom Parameters?
not without modifying the plugin to accommodate the implementation of custom parameters that Eli's plugin creates.

It is worth noting that this plugin currently supports no custom parameters of any type in its current state. However, I can't imagine it'd be terribly difficult for @Eliaquim to hack in a means to accommodate that within the SDP plugin.
@Geiky @Jragyn Nice! I will give it a look and see what I can do!
Jragyn can I send you a private message if I need any help?

Jragyn

JABS codemonkey
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Geiky @Jragyn Nice! I will give it a look and see what I can do!
Jragyn can I send you a private message if I need any help?
yeah of course pal; @Eliaquim .
In fact, you're totally welcome to message me about it in general, as I've been meaning to add a hook or something- as I built some extra crit parameters in another plugin that I wanted to add to this, but I just... have been distracted with non-RM things for the last couple months ( sadface ).

Willibab

The Lord of Whackery
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Love the plugin!

Noticed that when I select ''Cancel'' with the mouse it still acts as if I selected ''Upgrade this panel''

Pressing ESC instead works though.

Tested without any other plugins on (Except J-Base)

MorshTalon

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Awesome plugin!

Just one question: Is it possible to force an actor to upgrade a panel through an event?

In the game I'm making, you're supposed to select your starting build (like in Dark Souls), which would automatically rank up some of the panels by an amount dependant on the build you chose. I can't find any way to do so, but there must be a script call that I can use to achieve that. Thanks!

Kaimi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Would it be possible to have panels to be character-specific? Right now a panel's upgrades only work on the leader.

Pozinhofan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN/PT/ES
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi there @Jragyn ! I have just downloaded your ca-master but when I try to run it to test it out I get:

syntaxError Unexpected token '='

Any clues?

Last edited:

Jragyn

JABS codemonkey
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi there @Jragyn ! I have just downloaded your ca-master but when I try to run it to test it out I get:

syntaxError Unexpected token '='

Any clues?
I apologize, I haven't updated this post to point to the correct link, but have made a multitude of updates to the plugin.

The original post of this thread has been updated to point to the correct release.
It should be the same one as my JABS plugin (just one big demo that shows it all off).

Noticed that when I select ''Cancel'' with the mouse it still acts as if I selected ''Upgrade this panel''
That is unusual, but I have not done anything special regarding the mouse. If the mouse is not working as expected, I suspect it may be a deeper rooted RMMZ issue.

Is it possible to force an actor to upgrade a panel through an event?
It is possible, though not explicitly called out because it wasn't a depth of functionality that I've tested nor encourage (as this is a user-driven system rather than an event-based system). If you want to force an actor to rank up one of their already-obtained panels, you can use:
JavaScript:
// in a script call, the syntax goes:
SOME_ACTOR.rankUpPanel(PANEL_KEY);
// where SOME_ACTOR is a reference to the actor.
// where PANEL_KEY is one of your predefined panel keys.

// example:
$gameParty.leader().rankUpPanel("GHO_1");

// example:
$gameParty.actors(1).rankUpPanel("HERO_3");

Keep in mind if the party does not have the given panel unlocked, it will most certainly throw an exception and likely crash the game. Use with care.

Would it be possible to have panels to be character-specific
This would require a significant rewrite of the way panels are managed and stored.
I do not intend to build this functionality- the current state is that it is the party's panels.

However, I'm sure if you find a bold enough developer to dive in, the code is relatively readable and with some knowledge of the RMMZ codebase and how to write javascript, it is very possible.

Pozinhofan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN/PT/ES
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I apologize, I haven't updated this post to point to the correct link, but have made a multitude of updates to the plugin.

The original post of this thread has been updated to point to the correct release.
It should be the same one as my JABS plugin (just one big demo that shows it all off).

That is unusual, but I have not done anything special regarding the mouse. If the mouse is not working as expected, I suspect it may be a deeper rooted RMMZ issue.

It is possible, though not explicitly called out because it wasn't a depth of functionality that I've tested nor encourage (as this is a user-driven system rather than an event-based system). If you want to force an actor to rank up one of their already-obtained panels, you can use:
JavaScript:
// in a script call, the syntax goes:
SOME_ACTOR.rankUpPanel(PANEL_KEY);
// where SOME_ACTOR is a reference to the actor.
// where PANEL_KEY is one of your predefined panel keys.

// example:
$gameParty.leader().rankUpPanel("GHO_1");

// example:
$gameParty.actors(1).rankUpPanel("HERO_3");

Keep in mind if the party does not have the given panel unlocked, it will most certainly throw an exception and likely crash the game. Use with care.

This would require a significant rewrite of the way panels are managed and stored.
I do not intend to build this functionality- the current state is that it is the party's panels.

However, I'm sure if you find a bold enough developer to dive in, the code is relatively readable and with some knowledge of the RMMZ codebase and how to write javascript, it is very possible.
That is completely fine.

A question, can the player earn SDP Points through level up, like other stuff he gains whenever he levels up?

Jragyn

JABS codemonkey
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
can the player earn SDP Points through level up
in the current state, there is no hook for gaining SDP points via level up, as the system was designed to reward points on enemy defeat or via event-ing.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

DamageEvil_2.png added!
index.php

Important update for Leafko!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thesailing