MerlinCross

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So I'm not really getting this?

To make an Action Sequence I have to do it all through Common events now? Okay weird but doable...

But when I make what should be the most basic of attacks, I can't do anything with it?

What I would like to do as an example is just have the character stand still, and shoot. Which I thought it would just be "Setup Action, Motion Type - Missile selected, Finish Action.

But the character still jumps foward and swings.

The Blog/wiki isn't helping me out too much either. Can I get some help/examples of what I'm doing wrong? I can get a picture later.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to JS/Plugin Support. Thank you.

We can't really help you if you don't show us what you've done. Please add a screenshot of your common event.

MerlinCross

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
[MOVE]JS/Plugin Support[/MOVE]

We can't really help you if you don't show us what you've done. Please add a screenshot of your common event.
Odd. I thought I put it in the right spot. Maybe this sickness is making me make more mistakes.

actionsequencehelp.png
So how I'm processing this -
Setup Action - Needed to just set everything up for the attack
All Targets Action - does a thing/checks against all Viable targets of the attack
Motion Type - plays a motion on the targeted sprite
Finish Action - Finishes the sequence and clears things off.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
And can you also grab a screenshot of the skill you've attached this to?

Did you get the VisuStella sample project and see how it was done in there?

MerlinCross

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
help.png
I tried but trying to decyper what the given limit break like attacks do/mean is a bit beyond me right now.

Heck, I even tried taking one of them and alterating "Swing" to "Missile" in the same "Motion" command but that didn't seem to do anything.

Dunno, maybe get back to this when I feel better, just do foundation work for a bit.

jlusco

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Eng
Primarily Uses
You need to add <Custom Action Sequence> to the Note tag of the skill you want to use the AS

AkraticHuman

Human
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You need to add <Custom Action Sequence> to the Note tag of the skill you want to use the AS

This.

VS has automatic Action Sequences single and all targets physical attacks, which you can turn off in the Action Sequence Settings of Battle Core. That's probably why the notetag free version is always doing the same thing.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Sometimes I wonder if I feature creep... 225 magic spells is a lot lol.
Being hit with nostalgia for something that's gone is both a great thing and so sad.

But being a creative means having ideas for bringing stuff back to life, which can be frustrating and rewarding in it's own right.
the urge to comment helpful things on forum posts but not using the same engine
It's my Party and I'll cry if I want to. The best b-day present I could have is if my mapper came back. No idea where he went.
Senary_Redesign.png
Updated Senary's design (left). The previous one is overdesigned and her lack of functional pants is distracting and undermines her as a strong female character. She now has compression shorts, shorter hair, and a loose-fitting shirt for a modern look. She was lacking the authority of her original design, so I gave her military cap with her namesake.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidbezass