Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
MZQuizzer v0.5
by Starbird

Basic Quiz Engine for RPG Maker MZ. This is a replacement for the MVQuizzer plugin, which is no longer supported.

Note: This plugin is NOT plug-and-play, but it is fairly simple. Detailed instructions are included and no technical knowledge is necessary beyond what you need to use RMMZ.

FREE FOR NON-COMMERCIAL USE. FOR COMMERCIAL USE, PLEASE DM FIRST.

Introduction:

MZQuizzer displays and evaluates multiple choice, true/false, and short answer questions. The system allows you to create and manage a large database of questions with ease. Quickly add or change questions without having to step through maps and events. Include images and audio with questions. Supports timed questions and keyboard input for short answer questions.

My hope is that teachers and home school parents can use this to more easily develop educational games. Another goal is the release of better tools for question database creation.

SHORT DEMO

Online Demo
https://starbirdresources.itch.io/mzquizzer-plugin-demo

Game Files and Tools Zip (DL this to get the plugin and database js files)
https://starbirdresources.itch.io/mzquizzer-plugin-demo-dl

password for both: tester

Please report bugs but do not ask for additional features. I have a feature list that I'm working through.

Known issues:
-Scene pop problem after defeating enemy on wrong answer
-Scene problems with Short Answer in battle (may be beyond my ability to fix)

FEATURES:

MZQuizzer.js

Plugin reads questions from a questionDatabase.js file in the plugins folder.

questionDatabase.js
JSON-based question database. Questions can either be left human-readable or encoded to hinder cheating. Easily balance rewards/penalties in a simple text editor.

Create questions using included html forms. Just copy and paste the resulting text string into questionDatabase.js

Multiple Choice Questions
* Ask and evaluate multiple choice questions with two to five response choices displayed in randomized order
* Include image and sound files with questions
* Optional question timer

True / False Questions
* Ask and evaluate true/false questions
* Include image and sound files with questions

Short Answer Questions
* Ask and evaluate short answer questions
* Include image files with questions
* Option to check for proper capitalization
* Keyboard and mouse input

Reward / Penalty System
* Assign rewards and penalties for right and wrong answers.

Streaks/Slumps
Easily track streaks and slumps using included switches and counters to trigger event listeners.

DOCUMENTATION:
COMING SOON - for now the MV documentation is included, which is very similar and will allow you to get started.

CREDITS:
See credits in plugin header.

Last edited:

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I did the Demo although I have no MZ, but I did on purpose wrong answer
as I got them all right =)

the blue crystal on the otherhand is nice touch, but only the music choice
gave the answer and or time limit.

other than that, its nicely done :)

as for the download links and tools, that link gave an http error access,
most likely, wrong sitename or taken down.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You can choose whether you want time limits or not on any question. Just did a demo of that on the last true or false question.

the blue crystal only gives a response if you get an answer wrong. Just went through it and it works properly. Will look into the demo dL link. Thanks!

EDIT: link to demo files/tools has been fixed

Last edited:

PARCB

GAN's Professor
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow, very cool stuff.
It is a pity you break the MVquizzer download links.
Let's see if i can modify this in order to make it for MV. I learn about this vital (for me) plugin too late.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Wow, very cool stuff.
It is a pity you break the MVquizzer download links.
Let's see if i can modify this in order to make it for MV. I learn about this vital (for me) plugin too late.
Dm me. I can give you the mv files but I no longer support them and there were several bugs

Davidschiller

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Beautiful seems to be the best app I've ever tried. It just needs some improvements. For example, your app, I think, would combine well with from this source, because there are many students and school children who for example write essays on health care., and I think it would be interesting to offer this app as a substitute for homework with games, but in fact, they will do the homework. I am thinking of making the assignment more interactive.

Last edited:
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Nice seems like the best app I've ever tried. It just needs some improvement.
In terms of the plugin's main features, it's pretty much complete and will not be developed much further. The only thing I plan to add to the plugin is some error handling.

Any future development will be in the Question Builder. I'd like to be able to build/pull questions from a Google Docs spreadsheet, but I haven't had time to work on that and my request for help on that aspect of the plugin did not result in any offers (no surprise -- people usually expect to be paid for that level of work).

A lot of features that have been requested in the past are easily implemented with events in the RMMZ editor. I want to keep this as simple and flexible as possible so that it can be adapted by different users for their specific needs.

----
WHICH REMINDS ME: IF ANYONE WANTS TO HELP ME CONNECT THIS PLUGIN TO A GOOGLE DOCS SPREADSHEET, PLEASE DM ME!!

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
wouldn't be simply easier to make an app, where you set your
questions, possible answers and throw out the json file or any
other file required ready to use?

While I dont have use for it, I kinda event the questions =)
but I have no idea about how to go with google docs spreadsheet though.
as I dont use it :)

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
wouldn't be simply easier to make an app, where you set your
questions, possible answers and throw out the json file or any
other file required ready to use?

While I dont have use for it, I kinda event the questions =)
but I have no idea about how to go with google docs spreadsheet though.
as I dont use it :)
I have considered making an app like you've suggested and would be happy with that as a first step. But the app would essentially be the exact same as the tools already available, just spitting out a single large (maybe huge) file to copy/paste into the question database. I would LOVE to have an app that actually read out the database into a readable/editable form, but I just don't have time to build something like that at the moment.

The advantage of using a Google Docs spreadsheet is that it would allow teachers/parents to update the questions even after the game has been published / downloaded. It would also allow teams of people to all work off the same document, which might be helpful.

For most people's games, just eventing little quizzes probably makes the most sense. This is specifically for larger educational games (or it would work well for a trivia game) where you have a big bank of questions. It does things that you cannot possibly do with eventing, like making short answer questions with a time limit, among others.

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I make a timer with shoert answer input :p
it's doable though, but alternate it probably not.

if spreadsheet can edit that way nicely, you can constantly change it,
which is more compitable as well.

I dont know how to build the app, so I cannot help you.
otherwise, I might give it a try, but I hope you or someone that is able
to make it work, can make it :)

good luck anyways :)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Took some trial and error, but I managed to create "visuals" for underground dig path regions.
Couldn't sleep at all so I started working on the topmost deck. I've had to make several deviations from the Imperator/Berengaria's deck-plans to accommodate MV's movement, but 100% accuracy was never my intention.
Still no name for the poor ship...:kaodes:
Screenshot-2022-06-25-053308.png
ScreenShot_6_24_2022_9_20_7.png
Here's Mike when you get a preemptive strike in battle. There's another one for when an enemy sneaks up on you too.
Suddenly, games mean nothing. The money spent was worth it to bring souls towards the light of life. May God bless my path forever. I pray that all are shaken for truth and poured out flat on the table of true understanding, knowledge, and wisdom. Bless you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
artdeko