Status
Not open for further replies.

LetchkuSnow

This place is crap for help.Try RPG Maker Discord.
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Looking for tilesets/furniture/etc (I think they're just resources, but I'm not sure) for a game I have in progress.

I'd like some gore-filled tiles, and blood covered.

I'd also like these themes:

-Horror School
-Horror Forest
-Horror Doctors Office
-Horror Dungeons

(I'm aiming for mad father/witch house/misao/corpse party vibes)

If anyone has any links to these resources, that would be great! Preferable for MV.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What does F2U mean?

There are entire product lines of horror tilesets in the Degica store, covering several of your requests (I'm not sure what makes a forest horror).

You can also find some if you search the forums, but I've seen, like, a few tiles of floor with blood splatter on them in the middle of huge resource repository threads; I haven't come across anything cohesive for that theme in posts here.

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
What does F2U mean?

There are entire product lines of horror tilesets in the Degica store, covering several of your requests (I'm not sure what makes a forest horror).

You can also find some if you search the forums, but I've seen, like, a few tiles of floor with blood splatter on them in the middle of huge resource repository threads; I haven't come across anything cohesive for that theme in posts here.
Going by context I'm assuming that's "Free to Use".

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
F2U = Free to Use

The store packs don't cost very much and can be used commercially. You might find some free resources with commercial use allowed, but it's also common for people to make resources that a free to use in free games, but if your game is commercial you have to pay for them. So you'll need to read the terms carefully and take note of what the artist considers to be "commercial" (some only care if you're charging for your game, but some consider it to be commercial even if you have a donate button or ads on the page)

I've moved this thread to Resource Requests. Thank you.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah, I thought from context it was another anime reference.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@LetchkuSnow
you can find a lot of resources that are "free for non-commercial use", but "free for commercial use" is rarer - after all if you gain money from someone's work, that someone would like to get at least part of that money as compensation for his/her work.

and where something is "free for commercial", that is usually in case when the resource work was too small to consider the work of setting up payment to be viable.
That means you have a chance to find that for cases of a few single tiles or so, but as soon as the work is more than that it is unlikely to remain free for commercial use.
So if you limit yourself to "free to commercial" you'll get only a few small tiles that are likely in different styles and not entirely fitting together. For any larger pack that would have the quality needed to get others to pay for your game, you would have to pay at least something.

Which brings me to the last point. In my experience, the only people that even ask the way you phrased your first post are new developers who are working on their first game and have somehow convinced themselves that their first game will sell commercially when they have no idea yet on how to complete a game - much less on how to sell a game.

For example you cannot sell a game without having a business registration for tax purposes - and that business registration is never free, so you'll have to put in at least some money.
And completing a game is much more work than most new developer think. It will take you years to complete your first game, and for most people that means it's easier to spend ten hours on some minimum wage job to get the money for purchasing a tileset as needed, than to spend fifty hours searching the internet for ill-fitting tiles that they have to put together for the same effect.

LetchkuSnow

This place is crap for help.Try RPG Maker Discord.
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@LetchkuSnow
you can find a lot of resources that are "free for non-commercial use", but "free for commercial use" is rarer - after all if you gain money from someone's work, that someone would like to get at least part of that money as compensation for his/her work.

and where something is "free for commercial", that is usually in case when the resource work was too small to consider the work of setting up payment to be viable.
That means you have a chance to find that for cases of a few single tiles or so, but as soon as the work is more than that it is unlikely to remain free for commercial use.
So if you limit yourself to "free to commercial" you'll get only a few small tiles that are likely in different styles and not entirely fitting together. For any larger pack that would have the quality needed to get others to pay for your game, you would have to pay at least something.

Which brings me to the last point. In my experience, the only people that even ask the way you phrased your first post are new developers who are working on their first game and have somehow convinced themselves that their first game will sell commercially when they have no idea yet on how to complete a game - much less on how to sell a game.

For example you cannot sell a game without having a business registration for tax purposes - and that business registration is never free, so you'll have to put in at least some money.
And completing a game is much more work than most new developer think. It will take you years to complete your first game, and for most people that means it's easier to spend ten hours on some minimum wage job to get the money for purchasing a tileset as needed, than to spend fifty hours searching the internet for ill-fitting tiles that they have to put together for the same effect.
I'm aware. I honestly just wanted to know if anyone knew about what I was looking for. To be honest, your reply came off a tad snarky and assuming. I came here, honestly, just to see if I could find answers. If I can't find those, I will gladly move elsewhere.

I forgot how unwelcoming this forum could be.

You could have just said "I don't know", or left it as is. I'm aware I need money to put into it. I have a team already. I was just looking down to cut costs.

What does F2U mean?

Thank you for at least attempting to help. I appreciate it.

F2U = Free to Use

The store packs don't cost very much and can be used commercially. You might find some free resources with commercial use allowed, but it's also common for people to make resources that a free to use in free games, but if your game is commercial you have to pay for them. So you'll need to read the terms carefully and take note of what the artist considers to be "commercial" (some only care if you're charging for your game, but some consider it to be commercial even if you have a donate button or ads on the page)

[move]Resource Requests[/move]
Apologies, I'm not use to this forum. I use to use MV.

ScorchedGround

Blizzards most disappointed fan (More than ever)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well... this thread escalated quickly.

@LetchkuSnow Why are you getting angry so quickly? No one here wanted to hurt you. And people genuinely wanted to help you.

But remember, no one here is getting paid to do anything for you. So while you may or may not get helpful replies to any of your questions, consider that people still offer up their time to give you advice.
The fact that people here help others, often without own benefit, is a tremendous thing in itself.

And from what I've read, no one attacked or insulted you.
People just gave your their honest opinion on the matter, even speaking from experience.

And for that, I find it very disrespectful to throw accusations like that around immediately.
Also, changing your "custom title" below your name to "This place is crap for help. Try RPG Maker Discord." is highly questionable and unfair. (@Shaz)

Last edited:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I put the original post back to what it was. Now I'm just going to close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

How goes the game make?
Broke: Relating to and acting like Sephiroth
Woke: Relating to and acting like Kefka
Took me almost a year to flesh out this concept but hey, now it works.
01.gif
Part 1 of 24 pieces of our world map
I've finished (most of) the sprites for two of my main characters, Ashlyn and Lizzabelle. And I've already drawn actual artwork of Lizzabelle and Suki months ago. I can't wait to show some of my stuff. I'm hesitant because their outfits aren't my own original design, which must be changed before I get too serious with this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cap0423