Nolonar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French, German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
As promised, I figured out the proper math to render black fog, as well as make intensity more consistent with different colors.

I've also found and fixed a bug where notetag fog affected the current weather. Oops.

Version 1.4.1
Fixed

• Fog created through notetags can affect fog on other maps.
  • Fog intensity not consistent depending on color.
  • Black fog was invisible.

BurningOrca

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Sorry, it seems I've completely missed your comment.

Thank you very much for the report. I've reproduced the issue and will have an update ready to fix this soon.
Thank you very much! The new version 1.4 is awesome.

I just have one issue, because I'm using a plugin, that adds Weather to the Title screen. It worked with your previous version, because it also adds a Spriteset to Scene_Title, which it normally does not have. However now your plugin also requires $dataMap to be set for the Notetag-Parsing.
Would you please be so kind and check if $dataMap is actually set before accessing $dataMap.meta so that I can still use both plugins together?

Nolonar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French, German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thank you very much! The new version 1.4 is awesome.

I just have one issue, because I'm using a plugin, that adds Weather to the Title screen. It worked with your previous version, because it also adds a Spriteset to Scene_Title, which it normally does not have. However now your plugin also requires $dataMap to be set for the Notetag-Parsing.
Would you please be so kind and check if $dataMap is actually set before accessing $dataMap.meta so that I can still use both plugins together?

Thanks for the report.

I've released version 1.4.2, which should no longer crash when $dataMap is not available.

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
tiny question (with no rush), even if <fog: 0.6 #color> that is fixed.
and if you do the following:

<fog: 0.5 #color1 jsCode>
<fog: 0.9 #color2 jsCode>
<fog: 0.3 #color3 jsCode>
<fog: 1.5 #color4 jsCode>

so if first line is target a switch $gameSwitches.value(3) (ON) it has that fog
otherwise, it checks on variable based to switch between fog.

I think it can have an intresting effect on target events between start
and end or during, mid and always possible to change.

no rush, just an idea (as jsCode can be ommited if not used).

Nolonar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French, German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
tiny question (with no rush), even if <fog: 0.6 #color> that is fixed.
and if you do the following:

<fog: 0.5 #color1 jsCode>
<fog: 0.9 #color2 jsCode>
<fog: 0.3 #color3 jsCode>
<fog: 1.5 #color4 jsCode>

so if first line is target a switch $gameSwitches.value(3) (ON) it has that fog
otherwise, it checks on variable based to switch between fog.

I think it can have an intresting effect on target events between start
and end or during, mid and always possible to change.

no rush, just an idea (as jsCode can be ommited if not used).

I think it would be better to allow intensity and color to be a variable instead. Something like:
Code:
<fog: v[1] v[2]>
For a variable fog, where the intensity is taken from variable #0001 and the color is taken from variable #0002.

I'll make this part of version 1.5.0.

While this isn't particularly hard to do (I've done something similar in the past), real life has caught up to me. So this update is going to take some time.

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
no worries, variable between 2 numbers for each map (if difference)
can be idea, 3rd args for s[1] for switch id to toggle/on-off
so it can be controlled there, otherwise, plugin command
with a conditinal branch what I can also do :)

no rush, whenever you feel too and have more time.
enjoy the good weaher as well and RL goes first :)

hunterluvz

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello! Sorry to bother, but I seem to be having a bit of trouble and I'm not sure why. :c When walking left and right, the fog seems to act normal as seen in your gif, but...when going up and down, it acts very strange and moves around. It's quite jarring, especially when running, and I was wondering if you may be able to help.

This is version 1.4.2 (though I tried a few past ones and same result) of the plugin. These gifs are from a fresh project with no other plugins aside from a WASD keyboard one (which, when turned off, has the same result). I thought one of my plugins was to blame, hence the fresh project. ;o; I put two examples of running around here on imgur (i couldn't get the gifs to embed properly).

This is MV, so perhaps that is to blame? The other person on MV never mentioned it here, though, so I'm unsure if somehow my end is to blame. ;o; Thank you for your time.

Last edited:

Nolonar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French, German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello! Sorry to bother, but I seem to be having a bit of trouble and I'm not sure why. :c When walking left and right, the fog seems to act normal as seen in your gif, but...when going up and down, it acts very strange and moves around. It's quite jarring, especially when running, and I was wondering if you may be able to help.

This is version 1.4.2 (though I tried a few past ones and same result) of the plugin. These gifs are from a fresh project with no other plugins aside from a WASD keyboard one (which, when turned off, has the same result). I thought one of my plugins was to blame, hence the fresh project. ;o; I put two examples of running around here on imgur (i couldn't get the gifs to embed properly).

This is MV, so perhaps that is to blame? The other person on MV never mentioned it here, though, so I'm unsure if somehow my end is to blame. ;o; Thank you for your time.

I'm very sorry about that. It appears that the fog's vertical movement is indeed inverted in MV. My MV testbed used a small, non-scrolling map, so I never noticed it before.

I'm not sure about the cause of the bug, since both MV and MZ are sending the same data to the shader, and shader code should behave the same way on both MV and MZ.

In any case, I've made a temporary hotfix that inverts vertical movement on MV. I'm hoping to make a proper fix once I have more time to investigate the issue more deeply.

You can download the newest version 1.4.3 here: https://github.com/Nolonar/RM_Plugins-WeatherFog/releases/download/v1.4.3/N_WeatherFog.js

hunterluvz

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No problem, thank you so much for taking the time to check and fix it! Your fog plugin is the best I've seen and I'm very excited to try to use it. It looks very beautiful! ;o;

I wish I could be of more help, but I'm not good at coding as you can tell. I hope everything goes well for you irl and thank you so much again for your help! :kaoluv:

rayminator

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
is there a way to make this a random event like for

morning afternoon evenings night also from day SMTWTFS?

Nolonar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French, German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
is there a way to make this a random event like for

morning afternoon evenings night also from day SMTWTFS?

Not in the plugin directly, but you can create a (common) event that enables/disables fog at random. The fog is persistent, so if you turn it on, you have to remember to turn it off again.

The recently added map notetags can be helpful to define maps in which fog should never be active (like interior maps) or always be active. These notetags do not interfere with manual fog activation. If you randomly enabled the fog while inside a building, you'll notice the fog as soon as you get out, for example. This means that your event doesn't need to find out if the player is inside a building or not, because as long as the notetag is properly set, it doesn't matter.

If that doesn't work, be sure to notify me, and I'll see that it gets fixed.

Latest Profile Posts

Clarn Hold
(No storylines)
There was a tutorial on how to draw anime eyes. Just draw Among Us. So I tried.
Screenshot_107.jpg
DamageActor3_7.png added!
index.php

Making a "characters first appearance" drawing for my game. Now I just have to finish the sprite art animation for her grand entrance.​
ScreenShot_9_24_2022_7_56_24.png
New area being started today. It leads to one of the games 2 optional bosses.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royeventcompany