RMMV Naima's Melody - A Zeldalike Action Adventure Game (DEMO!)

Oddball

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
So your Echo? cool. Your youtube video's are really helpfull

bazrat

Pixel Game Maker MV
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
So your Echo? cool. Your youtube video's are really helpfull
Oh, Echo’s game is called Gaia’s Melody which we found out about later when someone else brought it up. She definitely made good tutorials!

standardplayer

Keeper of Kitties
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
This looks so good. I played the demo, and I love it. Also, this game made me realize that maybe I shouldn't be making games. I can't wait to see where you all go with this.

I LOVED THE INTRO and the way it blended into the Title screen. Beauty.
Please see this project through to the end!

bazrat

Pixel Game Maker MV
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
This looks so good. I played the demo, and I love it. Also, this game made me realize that maybe I shouldn't be making games. I can't wait to see where you all go with this.

I LOVED THE INTRO and the way it blended into the Title screen. Beauty.
Please see this project through to the end!
Comments like this guarantee this game will be finished, thank you!

:MV1:

doriantoki

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It doesn't look like you'll make your Kickstarter goal, :( but ...

Don't give up! There've been numerous projects that were not successfully funded on the first go-around. It may simply mean you need to garner more "hype" before the next campaign (if you're planning another) with more coverage from press and news sites. You can of course also take this opportunity to beef up the already solid assets. Either way, best of luck to you in the future with your projects.

definite_lee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It doesn't look like you'll make your Kickstarter goal, :( but ...

Don't give up! There've been numerous projects that were not successfully funded on the first go-around. It may simply mean you need to garner more "hype" before the next campaign (if you're planning another) with more coverage from press and news sites. You can of course also take this opportunity to beef up the already solid assets. Either way, best of luck to you in the future with your projects.
Thanks for the words of encouragement! I'll have a proper update post here very soon :)

MDZ

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This looks amazing thus far! Keep up the good works. PM me with a link when this goes on sale. I would gladly play it from the looks of things.

AnimaScorpius

Modern Mage/WorldCrafter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Guys do an indiegogo instead, you get to keep what you build up even if you don't reach the goal @definite_lee
Just take the flexible goal option.

sammc

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Curious how you broke down responsibilities on this project? Who does art, music, programming?
Have you worked on games prior to this one?

definite_lee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Curious how you broke down responsibilities on this project? Who does art, music, programming?
Have you worked on games prior to this one?
Hello! I serve as the Game Director, so I focus on the story, characters, maps, and general direction of the game. Baz mostly does the complex event systems and typically when I have ideas I discuss it with him to get his feedback and input. He's also good at bug-fixing and providing eventing guidance.

Prior to this project, I entered IGMC 2018 with a game called Junkdogs.

definite_lee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Just wanted to give an important update regarding Naima's Melody and JUMP Game Studio's future. After not finding success with the Kickstarter for Naima's Melody, and with feedback from major publishers, it was decided that Naima's Melody wouldn't be a good title to pursue at the time. The game was pretty much universally deemed too similar to Zelda to be a good investment. After a long break and many months of planning, I came up with a new game concept and teamed up with Baz again to help bring it to life.

Thus, Naima's Melody is in indefinite hiatus now. Thank you for the support and feedback!

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
While I'm sad to hear Naima's Melody is going on indefinite hiatus, I'm glad to see you have another concept in the works! Looking great!

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
To bad, it was such a nice game to play, many nice features, I love the first demo
up to teh first boss and very promising. I wish therewas more bosses to beat D:

I dont know if it will ever continue though.

standardplayer

Keeper of Kitties
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Darn, this is one of the few RM games on my list I was really hoping to see finished :( Best of luck to you in your future endeavors !

bazrat

Pixel Game Maker MV
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
To bad, it was such a nice game to play, many nice features, I love the first demo
up to teh first boss and very promising. I wish therewas more bosses to beat D:
You will find the new game fairly similar mechanic wise, but it will have a unique gameplay experience that will set it apart from a traditional Zelda-like. The game is called Spellblaster!

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I saw it, checked it out, but no gameplay yet or not looked good enough.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

it took soooo long to get character assist to work right in my game. like certain fighting games, a team mate can hop in, do an attack, then leave. it works since these are all one on one fights (usually)
Honestly. Didn't sleep for a day. ONCE
Hi! I've been working on some character sprites for my pirate themed game.
Still somewhat new to pixel art, so feedback or inputs would be appreciated ^^
TRIVIA: I love Japanese food and culture! I've never been to Japan, but someday I'm going to go to Tokyo and do some touring, including Disneyland Tokyo and DisneySea! And I even prepared myself for earthquake safety.
The virus really doesn't want us to do this GameJam. v .v' Even if we don't meet the deadline because of it, still plan on making it a game we'll release.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WaterGoddess