Name as well as action (YEP Battle Engine)

Indinera

Indie Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Maybe a stupid question and I've missed it in the options of the plugins, but when the Battle Engine details in the top window the move of each battle participant (allies and enemies) as the battle runs, would it be possible to also show the name of the ally/enemy as well?

For instance instead of having:

[ICON] ATTACK

have:

MEGA SLIME [ICON] ATTACK

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Have you tried toggling the "Show Action Text" parameter of Yanfly's Battle Engine Core in the Plugin Manager? That should revert to the default display, i.e. it'll use the message defined in the database...not sure if that's sufficient. I believe normal text codes apply to action messages, i.e. you can use \i[x] to display the icon with ID x. Also, remember to save your project after making changes in the Plugin Manager, otherwise those changes will not be seen during test. :)

Indinera

Indie Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Actually I do like how the info is presented by the YEP Battle Engine (so I prefer to have "Show Action Text" set on false) I was just wondering if it could be possible to tweak it a bit so to show the name of the actor (or enemy) as well. Well everybody attacks it just shows attack, attack, attack, and you can quickly lose track of who is actually attacking.

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is what I tested:
  • In the Database, set the "Message" of the Attack skill (skill ID 1) to this:
    Code:
     \i[76] Attack<CENTER>
  • In the Plugin Manager, set Battle Engine Core's "Show Action Text" parameter to "Full" (true).
  • Save the project and test.
The attack skill should display as "(attacker name) (icon 76) Attack", centered; e.g. "Bat A (icon) Attack". (The "<CENTER>" thing is from Yanfly's Battle Engine Core.) The other skills will still display like default, but it's a small edit to make for each skill, right? :kaopride:

I did have a quick look at the plugin code but judged that this was the easiest way to achieve what I think you're describing. :kaoswt:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

So a guy enters in a bar and walks up to the counter. He looks the bartender with a mysterious look and asks him...
I've wondered for a while now... what is it about the YED SV plugin that just doesn't do transformations... I feel it's how it looks up the battlers honestly.
To actually work on my game, or browse these forums about creating my game? Hmmm....
Tanning beds are actually vampire traps. Coffin shaped but the minute they're inside... BAM UV Rays. Dead Vampire.
https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/restrictions-limited-move-sets.117489/ A new blog discussion thread draws near! Command?

What do you think of Limited Move Sets?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eveelynn