Name Error Occurred - Unidentified Constant?

Discussion in 'RGSSx Script Support' started by Laptopdancer, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Laptopdancer

Laptopdancer Gaymerz Rock! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I keep getting that message for a number of scripts when I try to add them, so far Tsukihime's Monster Hunter, Tsukihime's Mana Sheild and Tsukihime's Level Down scripts,  I am running a lot of scripts but even in a blank project the same issue occurs. Can anyone explain or help?

2. Zalerinian

Zalerinian Jack of all Errors Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    What name is undefined? We need to see the error.

3. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    That error usually means that either there is adefective script or something is missing from the script.

Both Mana shield and level down require the Effect manager Script. Is that correctly installed?

The order in which scripts are placed in the script editor is also important - some script break if their requirement scripts are in the wrong order.

4. Laptopdancer

First Language:
    English
    That's got it Andar! Ya smartie. The scripts don't describe a dependency on it. All working now. Thx.

5. Mr. Bubble

Mr. Bubble Makes stuff. Member

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Unlocked by request.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2013
  6. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Please post the EXACT text of the error message you're getting.

And this happens when you put just one script into a brand new project, with no other changes? Are you putting the scripts in the correct location - under the Materials heading and above Main?

Also provide links to the scripts you're using.

7. Laptopdancer

First Language:
    English
    Can I just show a screen shot of the error code? I placed Tsukihime's effects manager script at the top and yes under Main, then the Tsukihime's Monster Hunter, Tsukihime's Mana Sheild and Tsukihime's EffectDown.  I have a ton of scripts installed but heres a screenie of that list as well.

ERROR CODE

[​IMG]

SCRIPT LIST

[​IMG]

8. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    And did you add the Custom Database script that Tsukihime says is necessary for the monster hunter script?

I actually asked you to provide links to your scripts, so that I didn't have to go searching for any of them myself.

I notice you have a lot of scripts, a few of them quite substantial, from a lot of different people. The more scripts you use, and the more authors, the more issues you should expect with compatibility.

9. Laptopdancer

First Language:
    English
    Oh I'm sorry about that. That makes sense. I do have a lot of scripts and for the most part everything works without problems except for the newest ones at the very top. After adding the custom database script i could recruit the enemy but the character and the face graphic were wrong. When i go into the next battle with the recruited enemy it crashes. I realize to keep what I want I'm going to have to hire a scripter to make everything compatible. And It's likely gonna cost a bundle, But it will be worth it. I wish you could search the people in the forum for the city they live in!

10. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Character and face graphic being wrong is probably because you've set something up incorrectly in the script (does it have customization options) or in your database.

With the crash in the next battle, I bet it's not the same error message. Unless you give us the exact message each time, we can't be of much help. You don't especially need a scripter who lives in the same city as you. What's more important is finding someone - anywhere - who doesn't mind taking on such a large project with so many scripts, to try and get them all talking to each other nicely.

But it may not even be that. It might be as simple as needing to swap the order of some of them around. If one script overwrites a method and another script aliases the same method, you need the one that overwrites to come first. That's going to take a lot of work, checking them all.

11. Laptopdancer

First Language:
    English
    Oh the reason I was thinking in my own town is I'd love to sit there and watch the process. That's how I learn best. Can you ballpark a job that size so i can budget for it. The CGI cutscenes alone  are gonna put me in the poorhouse.

12. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I couldn't give you any idea how much it would cost. That would depend entirely on the scripter - some charge next to nothing, some have quite high rates. The amount isn't necessarily a reflection of their abilities either, so don't assume someone who's inexpensive would take longer or do a worse job.

All you can do is provide the list of scripts and ask for someone who's willing to help you sort out compatibility issues. If you're offering to pay for it, make your post in the Classifieds - Requests area. I've seen a few good scripters hanging around there lately ;)