Name Imput based on Actor Selection

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Requests' started by GoodSelf, Sep 6, 2016.

1. GoodSelf

GoodSelf Zhu Li! Do the thing! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello all - so I'm going to have well over 60+ characters in my game, and there's no telling which characters a player will have/use at any given point in the game.

Now, I want to be able to change the names of these characters, but setting up an event manually with conditions if you have these characters is going to be absolutely insane.
    So, I'm requesting a (what I think would be simple) plugin. Here are the requirements for the plugin:

-Call the main menu/actor screen, where the player chooses 1 of their current characters (just like if you were using an item).
    -Next, the plugin will store that chosen Actors information, and a name imput processing window will open for that Actor.

-You can change the name for any actor you have in your party, without having to set up a crazy amount of conditional branches.

I'm hoping that a plugin like this will make naming characters much easier! Thanks for your time!

2. mrcopra

mrcopra Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Not English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Make common event and write this script

SceneManager.push(Scene_Name);
    SceneManager.prepareNextScene($gameParty._targetActorId, 8);

then make item with scope 1 ally and effect common event (what you made earlier)

GoodSelf and Jonforum like this.
  3. GoodSelf

GoodSelf Zhu Li! Do the thing! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @mrcopra Wow. I really need to do some research on the script calls available to me with the program itself. Thanks for your help, both with my question and with my understanding of the program!