GoodSelf

Zhu Li! Do the thing!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello all - so I'm going to have well over 60+ characters in my game, and there's no telling which characters a player will have/use at any given point in the game.

Now, I want to be able to change the names of these characters, but setting up an event manually with conditions if you have these characters is going to be absolutely insane.
So, I'm requesting a (what I think would be simple) plugin. Here are the requirements for the plugin:

-Call the main menu/actor screen, where the player chooses 1 of their current characters (just like if you were using an item).
-Next, the plugin will store that chosen Actors information, and a name imput processing window will open for that Actor.

-You can change the name for any actor you have in your party, without having to set up a crazy amount of conditional branches.

I'm hoping that a plugin like this will make naming characters much easier! Thanks for your time!

mrcopra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Make common event and write this script

SceneManager.push(Scene_Name);
SceneManager.prepareNextScene($gameParty._targetActorId, 8);

then make item with scope 1 ally and effect common event (what you made earlier)

GoodSelf

Zhu Li! Do the thing!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@mrcopra Wow. I really need to do some research on the script calls available to me with the program itself. Thanks for your help, both with my question and with my understanding of the program!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

So the overhaul on my project has been going great, I like this version of the project a lot more. It's more contained and less overly ambitious for what I can achieve given my constraints on time, money, and skills in advanced programming. I'm going to wait till my project is mostly finished to begin working UI polish again. I'm going to learn how to use LUNA MV to polish the project.
last time i used this site i was a different gender.. wow rlly makes u think... anyway transing ur gender is pretty cool and theres hair growing on my feet now 10/10
I should have listened to RPGMAKER Meme thread. I should have backed up my data. The Orphan of Time, my WIP, is completely gone, all those hours of work are completely gone :(
God what was my life before smartphones (I had a grandma's phone before wednesday)
Stream will be live shortly with The Witcher 3! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TEKILAO