Symbol_

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, I've noticed when I use Name Input Processing it'll pause the game.

Is there anyway to make it not pause the game and not blur the screen?

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
From what I know, it's a different scene and therefore it pauses the game. So there would have to be a script that makes it just a window.

gimmer_

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I wrote a sort of plugin that kind of does this.

Specifically, you run a plugin command and it'll popup a window you can type into that won't go away until you type the specified phrase.

Did you actually want to be setting a name? Or did you just want a window you can type into?

Symbol_

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I wrote a sort of plugin that kind of does this.

Specifically, you run a plugin command and it'll popup a window you can type into that won't go away until you type the specified phrase.

Did you actually want to be setting a name? Or did you just want a window you can type into?
Haha! I like you! You're clever!

Yes that's what I wanted, I noticed the name input system had a conditional branch to check what the player name was, and was going to use that system to make text queries for my game.

Does your plugin have functionality to check what the player has typed in a conditional branch?

gimmer_

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Haha! I like you! You're clever!

Yes that's what I wanted, I noticed the name input system had a conditional branch to check what the player name was, and was going to use that system to make text queries for my game.

Does your plugin have functionality to check what the player has typed in a conditional branch?

Currently no, it was kind of a prototype. You'd open it and you'd be expected to type a password and it wouldn't close until you got it right.

I could probably make it write what the player entered into a variable or something. But if you're calling the window in an event, the event will keep processing while the window is sitting there, so you'd have to put in an infinite event loop to wait for the entry.

Would need some experimentation

Symbol_

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Currently no, it was kind of a prototype. You'd open it and you'd be expected to type a password and it wouldn't close until you got it right.

I could probably make it write what the player entered into a variable or something. But if you're calling the window in an event, the event will keep processing while the window is sitting there, so you'd have to put in an infinite event loop to wait for the entry.

Would need some experimentation
Ah that's unfortunate, thanks for coming forward anyway!

gimmer_

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I could probably extend it to prevent event processing until it finishes, and export whatever they submit into something you could use in a conditional branch

Symbol_

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I could probably extend it to prevent event processing until it finishes, and export whatever they submit into something you could use in a conditional branch

That'd be great! Let me know if you you get anything going!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My new 49" monitor has been dispatched from the warehouse. Will it arrive tomorrow? The day after? I love that we can track packages now, even if it does only tell me when it's left that end and when it's arrived at the local centre. As long as it doesn't end up in Melbourne again, which has happened before ...
My friend's doing a surprise stream of my game Origin Hunt on Twitch here ! Feel free to stop by :yhappy:
Me, designing it a long time ago: Having an optional boss fight as a random chance to trigger when you fish in a certain spot with a certain type of bait is fun! Cool idea!
Me, trying to playtest everything again: oh god just let me see the boss, my bag is so full of fish!
both love and pain have no boundaries

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marvomix