stopbeingbored

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello all,

I am currently looking for a way to name an item after an Actor. The idea is that there are several items that belong to a certain actor, such as "A's Necklace" or "B's sword" and I want their name to reflect that. At the same time, I want the player to be able to rename actors in the game.

I tried naming the item with \N[x], but to no avail - the item is then simply called "\N[x]" in the game.

Would anyone have any tips or know of any plugins that might help? I tried reading my way through Yanfly's Item Core, but I am not sure this is what I am looking for...

Thanks in advance!

SBB

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The database is static by default, so any renaming of items requires a plugin that changes the way the database is handled.

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@stopbeingbored, you need to use something like this:

\*\n[1]\n's Axe will give you Harold's Axe.

stopbeingbored

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi @fizzly please could you elaborate? If I enter that value into the item name, I still end up with an item named just that string of letters and dashes. If this works, it would make my day.

@Andar I was worried about that. You wouldn't know of a plugin like that if fizzly's suggestion does not work, please?

Thanks

SBB

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@fizzly 's suggestion will most likely not work because that text code is not a default text code, he added a plugin to get that option added.
So you should ask him which plugin he uses for that (most probably one of the message system plugins)

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@stopbeingbored Sorry, I though it's default text code, but I was wrong. It comes with script "GlobalTextCodes" by modern algebra.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

https://s12.directupload.net/images/200715/34vwhkoz.png Finally have a concept I am happy with, now I just have to decide wheather I really want to do it as vector art.
I just keep coming up with weird ideas, and then spend the time trying to make sense out of it.:kaocry:
Hi, Erm... My name is zozobie! I just had a snack.
Face masks are to be compulsory when inside shops in England from the 24th of July. People can be fined £100 if they fail to comply.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3dprintindex