Ana-Maria and Lukas are gorgeous names!

SquallStorm

Resident Persona 5 Hyper
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Omega, it's pronounced Chai (as in chai tea) and Chester (as in the the common English name, or the name of Chester Cheetah)

Ralpf

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Mateusz, it's the Polish version of Matthew.

It's just hilarious to listen to people trying to pronounce it, of all the nations I've met only the Slavics were capable of pronouncing it well as well as Russians. 

Germans and Dutch are quite close, but it's not perfect. Englishmen have some trouble and the French are just hilarious, not to mention the Spanish and Italians.

Want to see something even harder though?

This is my surname: ''Wajszczak'' Even the Polish spell it wrong from time to time, so it can be quite funny whenever the teacher reads the list for the 1st time.

For someone who has lived in different countries for hmm... almost 8 years  now (Time passes so quickly o_O) this, as you can guess, leads so some very silly stories.

(Also, I don't mind giving away my full name - it's not like I've got anything to hide  ;) )
Let me give this a shot: Ma-toosh Wahsh-chak probably botched that bad.

Anyway, my name is Roger Vanaman. Roger pronounced the English way, not the French way, I've had people have issues with my last name...but I can't figure out why.

Omega Weapon

AKA Laura
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Omega, it's pronounced Chai (as in chai tea) and Chester (as in the the common English name, or the name of Chester Cheetah)
Ah, okay.

I tend to read an i as "ee" instead of "ai", my fault.

kj3400

Hmph Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It's Kenneth. Not that I've been hiding it. My friends call me Kenny. My family calls me Kenneth.

My name is pretty common actually.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Mine is...It's...Sis according to my sister :p But my real one is...Alison. :)

Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
Rafael.

Nothing really special.
Yet one of my favourite names... As well as several Leonardo... And Xavier... Is there even any Xaviers or people going by names related to Xavier here? .o.

My first name? Steve. It's...meh.  :|
;D Well... Steve is everyone. I lhave grown fond of the name, because it represents plenty of things in Machinae Supremacy's songs. They have Need for Steve and Super Steve tracks that are dedicated to Need for Speed and Super Mario respectively.

My first name is Tanja. It is pronounced the same as Tanya, though. Sometimes I wished I'd have something else, so there'd be nickname options, but in the end of the day I am fine and like it. I haven't met another Tanja of my age, even though it is not a rare name at all here.

Last edited by a moderator:

BCj

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
My name is Janice :p and my friends call me whatever floats their boat really, haha.

whitesphere

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@Necromus

POLO!

(I could not resist that, heh!)

My first name is Chris, named after my dad.  And, of course, I was born very close to the Christmas holiday---so it seems oddly appropriate.

Sennie

Demon Slayer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
My real name is Matthew Short. The name I use in my books is Matthew McCain :)

P.S Cool name Chris :p

Death's Assistant

Death's Assistant
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
My name is Drake Celrik.

Sennie

Demon Slayer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Iron Croc:

Yeah I write books as well as create games! My life is full of fun and adventure... :D

Deceius

The Vintage Tiger Cub
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Taglish
Primarily Uses
N/A
The name's Julius.

wallacethepig

Potato Mage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Piglish
Primarily Uses
Meh. If you look hard enough on the Internet, you could figure out my real name.

Benjamin-Jeremiah McKleptermierhausenkananinobergerdorfeschlegelsteinerhelgenermanjansen.

Just kidding.

I go by Rich in the real actual people world. No, I'm not actually named Wallace, although I'd prefer it if you called me that on this forum because it'd be super weird and confusing otherwise.

I actually really like my name because when I introduce myself, I just say, "Hi, I'm Rich."

-Wallace (Well, okay, ya got me.)

Dragonspeech

Lady Dragoness
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Wow. Not one Sara. (A highly popular name it seems still.) Admittedly it disgusts me that it's meaning is princess, in I believe, biblical Hebrew. Well it is in the bible. However - amusingly, its meaning is plate/bowl in Japanese and not used as a person's name. Besides who'd want to name their kid bowl!? ('HEY, BOWL! Don't make me come over there and give you a few cracks!' I can shatter the world with all these puns in my head already.) I usually sign artworks or written pieces as S.C.G. Or more commonly S.C. and full last name.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Jan Michael... I prefer to be called by my nickname though which is "L" mainly because my name is quite long and is pretty common...

whitesphere

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
The related question:  How many people here have found people with similar names seem to have similar personalities?

My best friend says she's found this to be true and can be like "That person looks like a Kevin."  I never quite understood it, myself, but find it quite interesting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Any thoughts on my hexagon map system?
Idk where this post would go, so how do you change the font of the choice selection window? I have a different font for the game so it looks a little odd could someone tell me where this would go on the forum?
RPG Maker MZ demo -project with some new features:
I don't really have a use for this guy, I just wanted to build a plague doctor.

Join us for a session of the new update starting at 3PM EST! There will be a Steam code giveaway! Click here!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anansi