NaNoWriMo 2015

captainproton

Dangerously Nifty
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
November is almost upon us, and I thought it might be nice to start a thread for those looking to discuss writing tips, or possibly even partner up as writing buddies.

StrawberrySmiles

The Talking Fruit
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm thinking of doing this, and I have a story idea as well. I kind of want a title just to have a cover made. :D

BlackRoseMii

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'll be participating as well. Though it's actually part of my work for university to do this^^ I already know what I'm going to write, it's going to be a story I planned to make a game with. Which I will do once it's done^^

captainproton

Dangerously Nifty
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
I'm going to attempt a third novel in the series I've been working on, though there is the temptation to use November to finish a past project.

My supply list:

Graph paper composition notebook

An array of Sharpie pens (not markers) in every color

Water flavoring with caffeine (like Mio Energy)

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have dreams of doing this some day, but I think it will have to wait until my children are at least older.

I'm curious how use the graph paper for writing.

captainproton

Dangerously Nifty
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
It makes it easy to keep things sorted and tidy. I write in two columns down the page (like a magazine) with each paragraph in a different color, with black reserved for notes and corrections.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Do you write one letter in a box or just write without regard to the boxes? Because I think the first would drive me nuts. :p I write too sloppy for that.  (And not criticizing, I'm truly curious.)

captainproton

Dangerously Nifty
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
No, I don't put one letter in each box. That would drive me crazy, too.

The vertical lines are used for paragraph and column boundaries.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ahhh, okay! I guess I'm weird, I think I'd prefer to use a standard notebook and draw lines for the columns. But whatever works!  And good luck with it!

Last edited by a moderator:

Lt. Ulquiorra

The Devil's Advocate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Count me in! I'm planning to participate in this year's NaNoWriMo. I already have an idea. I just need to make some character profiles

captainproton

Dangerously Nifty
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
What kind of prep work is everyone doing?

StrawberrySmiles

The Talking Fruit
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Character and place names. A book title to get a cover!

Lt. Ulquiorra

The Devil's Advocate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Writing character profiles, the songs that I plan to use on my submission, setting, the story board (but instead of drawings, I plan to do little scenes.

BlackRoseMii

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I've already got the story and a few characters and places planned. The rest will have to wait until I know how my teacher wants us to plan our story. ^^°

captainproton

Dangerously Nifty
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
We're just over a week away from kickoff!

How's everyone's prepwork coming?

What's your plan of action?

BlackRoseMii

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I've got the most important plotpoints down. Right now, I'm working on the characters and after that I'll work on the worldmap, If there's still time, I will polish the plot a bit, so I won't write myself into a dead end later.

BestsellingFictionPodcast

Helping self-published authors get more readers ,
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
What a great thread! I have a NaNoWriMo envelope. It contains the first draft of a short story (The Life And Death of Starmen). My goal is to get the second draft done, then move on to the second draft of my next story (Starvaders). I'm going to plow away at the words, disregarding how any of the sentences sound because that can all be fixed later. On average I'll need to do 1667 words a day in a 30 day period. 

I've also been working to set up NaNoWriMo hosted events in my area. Contact me if you're in the Vancouver region. 

AceTheMad

Village Madman
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm doing it...The only thing is...I've got nothing...All I have...is three characters. That's it.

captainproton

Dangerously Nifty
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Well, that's the start of something, anyway. Maybe those three characters decide to start a business or go on a road trip or steal a priceless ruby. If you have no idea for a plot, you can always just throw random situations at them and see how they react.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Jumping and gravitation 0.1 build - RPG Maker MV
It's ironic, but one of the many hilarious things done with Shia's Just Do It speech was to make a hype song, and....I know what it is.....but I still get inspired by it! I'm like..."Yes I can!!"
That moment when you realize you lost time frankenstiening a sprite together, only to realize it already exited.
My first game is going to have the main character more or less create monsters as his party members.

Thanks to the plugin creators still producing content for MV, I might be able to give each of the monster members a personalized range of tactics during combat. I liked how the devs made it like that in FF6.
Stream will be live shortly! Tonight will be the PREMIERE of Killer 7 for the first half of the stream, and at half-stream, we will switch to a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrrupption