Bonkers

Bioware, do you need a nap?
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've got my outline ready, and I am really hoping to have the motivation to finish.  It would be wonderful to have a fully written novel, and something I can use as fuel towards future projects.  I have never done anything like this before.  It's going to be a rush.

Will any of you be reporting on your daily progress as well or doing so via social media as you write?

captainproton

Dangerously Nifty
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
I'll be doing updates here, as well as posting progress on my nano page.

captainproton

Dangerously Nifty
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Soon, the time shall be upon us!!!

Art thou ready for the coming storm?

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
http://nanowrimo.org/participants/sharm/

Joining late, only not really because I never write on Sundays anyway.  Doing pretty good so far I think.  Haven't hit my word goal of the day yet, but 1500 isn't bad for one writing session, I'll just need to make sure I do another before it gets late.  I'm going to need a lot of revision on this one, I think.  Lots of medical stuff that I could just handwave since it's sci-fi but I'd much rather get right.

captainproton

Dangerously Nifty
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Is it weird that I seem to be having an easier time working back from the ending than I was when I was starting from the beginning?

AceTheMad

Village Madman
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Captainproton Not at all. Sometimes, the climaxes and resolutions are easier to write.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Not really.  Most writers don't write things in order at all.  I'm going to write whatever scene comes to mind and then string them together in the end.

Lt. Ulquiorra

The Devil's Advocate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
I am about to start now. Been busy with work yesterday. Hopefully, I'll reach today's goal of 1700, and another 1700 for the day that I missed tomorrow ^_^ 

Edit: I just finished my prologue. I still have long way to go though :| By the way, here's my link: http://nanowrimo.org/participants/gxcoud15

Double edit: I added you CaptainProton :)

Triple edit: I reached 1516 words today! I'll continue tomorrow. I am pretty sure very few would expect how my first chapter looked like. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

wallacethepig

Potato Mage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Piglish
Primarily Uses
Hey guys! My username is wallacethepig if you want to add me as a buddy.

If you want, you can talk to me about your story. I can share some writing tips on what helped me win last year (and what didn't). Just send me a PM and I'll be happy to listen :)

Right now, I have the first chapter done (I spend the 1st and 2nd planning), and it's 2766 words. (also you can read it here if you want)

-Wallace

jwhitnee

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Wow, It's wonderful to see more NaNoWriMo participants! How's everyone's word count doing so far? I'm slugging along with my Supernatural/Adventure novel, but it's at least a steady pace. 

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Welcome Jwhitnee!  I got a good first day and managed to hit my goal last minute on the second, but I was completely braindead yesterday.  Hopefully I can stop slacking off and get a lot written today.

jwhitnee

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Welcome Jwhitnee!  I got a good first day and managed to hit my goal last minute on the second, but I was completely braindead yesterday.  Hopefully I can stop slacking off and get a lot written today.
Thanks! I added you (and a couple of others on this thread) as a buddy on NaNo, I didn't see a summary for your novel though! What's it about?

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Oh yeah, I keep forgetting.  It's about an alien war that Earth gets caught in the middle of.

AceTheMad

Village Madman
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Sharm: Interesting idea. The plot, I mean. I was blasted by writer's block yesterday, too. It was because I was trying to write a chapter that was generally hard. I would recommend, if it's because you're having trouble with the chapter, just finishing the chapter ASAP and starting a new one. You seem to magically get more ideas once you begin a new chapter. If it isn't the chapter, finish up what you're writing about, then start something new. Basically, the solution that helped me most is starting something new. It works like magic...

jwhitnee

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Sharm: Interesting idea. The plot, I mean. I was blasted by writer's block yesterday, too. It was because I was trying to write a chapter that was generally hard. I would recommend, if it's because you're having trouble with the chapter, just finishing the chapter ASAP and starting a new one. You seem to magically get more ideas once you begin a new chapter. If it isn't the chapter, finish up what you're writing about, then start something new. Basically, the solution that helped me most is starting something new. It works like magic...
I would have to agree: That's usually what I do when I get stuck. I finish the scene asap (no matter how bad it is) and just start a new one. Then, when I finish that, I can go back and edit that crappy part.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Oh, no, I'm not stuck.  I just literally can't think clearly enough to write.  It's a symptom of my illness.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I based this on the armor of Actor 1_7 of the RTP. Hair is from Derex and Sythian Bard.
Stream will be live shortly! Going to do another art stream tonight so that I can finish my Fauna Focus piece~ Feel free to drop by!
Humans are fallible creatures, we all know that. It's when we're forced to look at ourselves that we start to disagree. :p
Expectation: Working on boss battle.
Reality: "Look at how awful are these code and database organization. Let me clean this mess", *yet, casually adding more modules that I have no idea if I would use it later*
Trying to learn to read Japanese so I read my manga. I like to buy them without all the edits made during translation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikeymastermind