NaNoWriMo 2015

AceTheMad

Village Madman
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Sharm: I see. Well, I'm sorry, but I'm not a doctor, so I can't be of any use...

Lt. Ulquiorra

The Devil's Advocate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Do you think that a chapter with 1700-2000 words is good enough?

Last edited by a moderator:

wallacethepig

Potato Mage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Piglish
Primarily Uses
Do you think that a chapter with 1700-2000 words is good enough?
Depends on how many chapters you're writing. If you're going to write 30 chapters, and write a chapter a day, then that'll work out just fine.

I just broke 5k with my second chapter today. Yay. (Still behind on the graphs, but whatever. My plan is to finish by the 25th or earlier by writing around 2.5K/day as opposed to 1.7K.)

-Wallace

Lt. Ulquiorra

The Devil's Advocate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
I am only on 10,716. I might have to delete some chapters that I wrote and re-write them from scratch. What a fail :( :D

Depends on how many chapters you're writing. If you're going to write 30 chapters, and write a chapter a day, then that'll work out just fine.

I just broke 5k with my second chapter today. Yay. (Still behind on the graphs, but whatever. My plan is to finish by the 25th or earlier by writing around 2.5K/day as opposed to 1.7K.)

-Wallace
Well, I do plan top write a chapter per day.

wallacethepig

Potato Mage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Piglish
Primarily Uses
I am only on 10,716. I might have to delete some chapters that I wrote and re-write them from scratch. What a fail :( :D
Well, don't delete them unless they totally don't gel with your ending. Otherwise, keep 'em until November's over so they count toward your overall word count!

I've just written chapter 3, which puts me at 7.7K. Here's hoping I can play the catch-up game this week!

-Wallace

P.S. Has anyone posted their book to upliterate.com? I'd be interested in seeing your novels (after I finish mine, of course :p ).

captainproton

Dangerously Nifty
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Just passed the 13k mark. Been writing completely out of sequence, and composed a fictional olde worlde folk ditty.

Never heard of upliterate.

Lt. Ulquiorra

The Devil's Advocate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
It is getting harder for me to write xD Too much homework and exams. I have work too
Hopefully I will pass the 50k mark by the 30th. I am cuurrently not writing the story itself. I am focusing on writing the songs that would be used by the band in the story :)

AceTheMad

Village Madman
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
My birthday's on the 30th...the last day of NaNoWriMo...Hopefully, I'll have my book done by then.

Lt. Ulquiorra

The Devil's Advocate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
My birthday's on the 30th...the last day of NaNoWriMo...Hopefully, I'll have my book done by then.
Oh! Advanced Happy Birthday, then! In case I forget :D

I wish I am done by the 30th too. I still have about 10k to write :(

BlackRoseMii

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm done with all 50000 words^^

I'm seriously happy right now, especially it was my first time participating. I've never thought writing so much in such a short time would be so difficult Oo

AceTheMad

Village Madman
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Congrats! After most of the month, I've FINALLY caught up! I was SO behind...Let's see if I can STAY that way...

captainproton

Dangerously Nifty
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Happy birthday, Firemaster!

I've given up. I underestimated the power of the dark side. Having one day off a week, multiple overnight shifts, and weekly clopening shifts killed my brain. I barely passed 31k.

I can't even blame family Thanksgiving celebrations, because I've not only had to work through the entire week of the holiday, but also through the weekend my family used to get together beforehand, because they couldn't do it the actual day.

Brillenpinguin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I wanted to participate but by the time I realized it was November already I kinda...dropped the idea.
Maybe I'll shift my NaNoWriMo back to December?

Lt. Ulquiorra

The Devil's Advocate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
I wanted to participate but by the time I realized it was November already I kinda...dropped the idea.

Maybe I'll shift my NaNoWriMo back to December?
Well, you can still right it on December, however, it would not count for the event since it only happens on the whole month of November.

That was fast Black Rose! I am still stuck at 47,167 and it is already the 30th. Hopefully, I'll finish it before midnight.

Can't blame you on that CaptainProton. I also have moments of almost giving up. Too much work and homeworks, along with house chores. There are also those pesky exams that takes a lot of my time. I can definitely say that it was hard to steel my self and proceed writing :)

EDIT: NaNo is finished and I failed to write 3k words :o I fell asleep while I was working on it yesterday :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Ive got a long lost half uncle. Thats real cool.
I forget what is bumping rule in this forum. Is anyone know? Thank you.
BCj
Ew, why does my blogpost on the rpgmaker.net site look like a garbled mess? Are html codes disabled or something?
I feel that I should cut down on my order queue so I can get some more time for my projects, its been quite a longggg while since I worked on them LOL
I friend of mine insisted on practicing dubbing things with him... and its quite funny, yet, it really takes a huge amount of practice!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daniloduran