HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
OK, so for one of my games, I had the idea to include a narrator because a lot of my game is told in a diary-like format. It would be nice to have for a couple of reasons: 1. because it just adds a nice quality to the game. 2. the cutscenes usually just have one image and just the background music, so this might break up the monotony a bit.

This is my only sticking point. I probably won't have voice acting for the regular cutscenes where it's just back and forth dialogue (might have talking noises, though.) Would that be weird?

Sorry if this should have been posted in Mechanics, by the way. Wasn't sure if this was a general feature or a mechanic.

TeiRaven

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
That's totally fine. Fire Emblem did this in a few installments too, and it never bothered me.

I can take or leave talking noises for general dialogue. It wouldn't bother me if they weren't there, and wouldn't necessarily bother me of they were--so if you like them, use them!

Maliki79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Didn't they do this in FF Crystal Chronicles?

I don't think it would be a problem.
It's no different than when a game only had VA in the cut scenes.

Kokoro Hane

Overly Ambitious
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I think it would be totally fine! A dash of VA always adds some extra flavor, and having it only for diary-like narrations I think would be pretty neat! Not all games need 100% VA, not only is it a lot of work, but some games do well with just snippets, or select scenes with voicing, and if you intend to only have voiced narration it'll just be the flavor of your game ^^

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harish-m98