The Lonely Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Banner.png

Disclaimer: This game was made for the No Travel Jam, but I started it only in April 23, so I had no time to participate. Nevertheless, the premisse of not going out of a city is still present in this game, and I'm really happy that I could get this done in less than a month.

Synopsis:

A wise necromancer is studying the dead in order to create a new medicine capable of help a lot of sick people. However, things change once he begins to enjoy the power granted by his own discoveries.

Form a group of up to 4 heroes and help the people of Tal Kumbar to end the necromancer's evil plans in this great dungeon crawler!

- There are 12 playable characters, each one with a different class, skills, talent and attributes;
- You can forge weapons, manufacture equipment, brew medicine and even write magical scrolls;
- You can collect ores, wood, herbs and ancient texts to help you in your mission;
- Use the blessing from ancient gods to strengthen your heroes;
- Venture into a big dungeon with a lot of secrets and items to find.
- 5 to 10 hours of gameplay, depending on your difficult level and side quests.

Game mechanics:
- There are lots of game mechanics that I made only by using events, since I don't know how to code. In this game, you can collects ores, wood, herbs and ancient scrolls. You can use these items to create weapons, equipments, medicine and magic scrolls;
- The level up mechanics is also made with events. When you gain a level, only your life and mana will grow, however, you can choose a Marvel blessing from the ancient God Alexio. These blessings will provide status growth according with the player's will;
- There is also a talent system, where each character have a unique trait who can help the player during the game. The idea was to make something simple, but effective;
- There are three difficulty levels, so you can play in a casual mode or even in a very challenging mode.

Characters:
There are 12 playable characters in this game, and you can form a group up to 4 characters as soon as the game starts. This adds a good replay value, because all characters have their own advantages and disvangages. Creating a group with good sinergy is one of the main features of NecroMadness.

NecroMadness - 01.png

Screenshots:
NecroMadness - 02.png

NecroMadness - 11.png
NecroMadness - 12.png
NecroMadness - 07.png
NecroMadness - 05.png
Download link:

---

Uptade to version 2.0

- 4 new characters were added: Valkyrie, Bishop, Trickster and Pirate;
- All classes have been revised and are now even more balanced;
- The game's colors and maps are now smoother and more exclusive. I also reviewed many dialogues;
- New battle hud;
- I created a complex scoring system. After the final credits, you can see many statuses of the game, such as how many battles were fought, how much equipment was forged, the game time and even how many times you used the Inn. This makes all kinds of challenges viable, like speedruns and even try to win the game with less than 4 members in your group.

This is probably the latest version of the game, as I finally implemented all the features I wanted at the beginning, but I'm still open to criticism.

Thank you very much to all the people who downloaded this.

Last edited:

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Are the bats and the story a reference to current events?

SolonWise

The Lonely Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Uptade to version 2.0

- 4 new characters were added: Valkyrie, Bishop, Trickster and Pirate;
- All classes have been revised and are now even more balanced;
- The game's colors and maps are now smoother and more exclusive. I also reviewed many dialogues;
- New battle hud;
- I created a complex scoring system. After the final credits, you can see many statuses of the game, such as how many battles were fought, how much equipment was forged, the game time and even how many times you used the Inn. This makes all kinds of challenges viable, like speedruns and even try to win the game with less than 4 members in your group.

This is probably the latest version of the game, as I finally implemented all the features I wanted at the beginning, but I'm still open to criticism.

Thank you very much to all the people who downloaded this.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Made the "My Beating Mystery" board today:
3ENFLSC.png

in Grim Trigger episodes 3 & 4, the main characters play a Clue rip-off board game called "My Beating Mystery" (haha), so of course I had to draw the board for it. Can't decide if I wanna add blood or not
Jeez...
I finally decide, after several ppl asking me to, to create a gamethread about project M... And my internet craps out on me halfway through the process :(
making my first game is like trying to stuff all my experience with old games into one
so its slow and painful when i dont get it right... i bet the next game is gonna be finished earlier!
When you don't find any time to work... :kaocry:
First Ten Minutes of my Caretaker inspired game

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Totaldramawwe