Tylerullery

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I use Rpgmaker MV and I have integrated an API that lets me award trophies to players. I can award trophies via common events and want to make a trophy for if the player collects 1,000 currency. Is there a way to set an event to auto run when a certain condition such as currency reaching a certain amount?

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
'Game Mechanics Design' is for looking at aspects of game play from a more conceptual level. "How do I...?" questions (implementation) go to the Support forum for the engine you are using.

I've moved this thread to RPGMaker MV. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Have a Common Event, with parallel process.
Select a new variable switch (and name it so that you don't accidentally use it for something else as well)
Select Game Data (near the bottom) and click on the ... at the end.
On the new tab select Other and then Gold from the drop down menu.
Click OK
[That variable switch now keeps track of how much gold the party has.]

I assume you only want this to run once, so you need a way to ensure that.
Conditional Branch
Create a new Switch and name it e.g. Gold Award
Choose OFF (because this is what you want to happen if the award has not been given).

Next line, new Conditional Branch (i.e. it is inside the first Conditional)
Select Variable and choose the variable switch you just set up
Select the drop down box (shows 'Equal to'[ by default) and choose 'Greater than or equal to' from the drop down menu.
Type in the amount you want in the 'Constant' box
The conditional now checks how much money the party has by looking at the variable.
Next line put the command to give the award.
Turn the Gold Award switch ON so that the award is not given a second time.

Leave the 'Else' sections blank because you don't want anything to happen if the gold is less than the amount.
Alternatively, when you create these conditionals, uncheck the 'Set handling conditions...' box, as you don't need an Else for these.

This is basic eventing. I strongly recommend that you look at Andar's compilation of info. In particular, he gives a link to a playable tutorial for the Event Menu Command which teaches what all the various possibilities are and how to use them.

Tylerullery

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you so much for your help! Also, thank you for moving my question to the right spot, it was my first time ever posting on the forum so I was not entirely sure. I am completely new to using RPGMaker and keep getting amazing about how much power it has. I watched a few tutorials before I got started which is obviously not enough.

Again thank you for all your help!

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you use a common event with parallel processing, make sure you put a Wait as the first command. You really don't need to check how much gold you have 60 times a second.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

AeroPergold wrote on LUKElcs's profile.
Its-a me, Pergold from Gamejolt!
I added footstep sounds to our content that I posted in a previous thread. I was unable to edit the post, so if you're interested, see below.

DOWNLOAD LINK

I've started working on rpg maker again, and I can see a lot of improvement from when I was 13. I still have a long way to go, but I'm proud that I've gotten this far.
Animated Title screen is by SharkerrBlue(SB)
I am using the Nightmare Land pack.
I just can't walk to the store for lunch without walking past people smoking. It not only smells bad, it's probably poisoning me. I'm afraid I'll eventually have to be hospitalized. I can't take another path because there's too much traffic and drivers in the plaza are reckless sometimes. I almost got run over once, even after looking both ways.
RyanYe wrote on whtdragon's profile.
Your art works about Wyrvens and Dragons are sooooooooo cooooooooool~! I like them so bad
Can you create more? like Archangels, Devils, Titans, Cyclops!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GoUrbex