Need 1) blinking sprite for events 2) entrance indicator (flashing circle). Thank you.

dm604

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi:

I'm wondering whether anyone has something similar to these?

1)
A blinking sprite that tells players where to perform certain actions.

2)
A growing/shrinking circle that contains other icons in the middle.

BTW, how was 2) done?
I thought we can't stack events on top of each other?

I can't seem to figure out how this was done.

Thank you for your help. :)

Attachments

• Scars of Summer v1.03 9_23_2021 6_56_38 PM.png
    Scars of Summer v1.03 9_23_2021 6_56_38 PM.png
    140 KB · Views: 9
  • Ambrosia v1.07 9_23_2021 6_57_26 PM.png
    Ambrosia v1.07 9_23_2021 6_57_26 PM.png
    102.8 KB · Views: 9

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
BTW, how was 2) done?
the easiest way is to make a different circle sprite for each different object inside
I thought we can't stack events on top of each other?
The EDITOR can't place two events over each other.
you can place them at different positions in the editor, and then have one event move over another ingame. However that usually requires a lot of extra event handling, so it is rarely done that way - the solution with different sprites is much easier.

dm604

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
the easiest way is to make a different circle sprite for each different object inside

The EDITOR can't place two events over each other.
you can place them at different positions in the editor, and then have one event move over another ingame. However that usually requires a lot of extra event handling, so it is rarely done that way - the solution with different sprites is much easier.

Thank you, Andar.
I have read many of your posts during my research. They are super helpful! :)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Monday morning, and the sudden message: Hey, can you set up a full second lesson about pixel art till tomorrow?
No one:
Steam game achievement: "Die 100 times in easy mode".
I want to learn Javascript to create a custom menu, but I don't really know where to start.
One uncomfortable truth that has withstood the test of time, is how most people will stand by while they see a crime happening, unless it's illegal to stand by. We probably wouldn't have stories about "special heroes" or games about heroes if the "everyday common folk" were largely capable of being heroes. Heroes face dangers that most people are not willing to.
I'm having toooo much fun designing the new MP (Mental Psyche) system. I've only worked it out for enemies so far, but it's fun to stun them, then go after their MP and delete them instead to farm for better item drops.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
diskzaz