hero_buddy

artist and pro cat petter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
during the steam sale, i picked up celianna's fantastic buildings, and since i saw they were meant for parallax mapping, i wanted to try my hand at it, since i really do want to use these buildings... they're so nice :kaocry: i was following fallen lorelei's parallax mapping tutorial, with the only exception being that i'm using gimp instead of photoshop.

this is my event:

this is fallen lorelei's event:

unless, i'm missing something, our events are exactly the same. however, when she loads into her game, what happens is that her character is unable to move. when i load in, however, i can move, but i cannot see my character, and everything looks like this:

what am i doing wrong? am i just following an outdated tutorial? if i am, could someone direct me to one that's more in the now?

for reference, this is what my map settings are:

any help would appreciated, i really want to use these tiles, but i heard they don't line up right if you use them in the editor, and i don't like that... :kaocry:

Hyouryuu-Na

Currently Inactive
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Bangla/Bengali
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't know what's wrong with this but, use Yanfly's Gridfree Doodads. Idk if it's still free though. It's graphical so you don't have to click playtest again and again. It'a an awesome plugin. Try it.

hero_buddy

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
it seems like it's available for $1. everything else i want to do can be done in the editor, it's just celianna's buildings i want to use. can those really be used as doodads? if so, i'd be willing to drop the one buck just to make my life a heck of a lot easier, because i really don't know what's wrong.

Hyouryuu-Na

Currently Inactive
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Bangla/Bengali
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The only parallax mapping plugin I ever tried was that one because I didn't like how you have to make collisions for them manually (they're pictures after all). There's also a ton of stuff you can do with that plugin: change size of the doodad without editting in any image editting program, set almost 10 types of layers for it, change the colour, assign it to switches so it's visible only when a switch is on and more stuff.
Before you decide to buy it, look at these videos to see what it's able to do:

But this is just my suggestion. You might want to talk to Lorelei to see what you're doing wrong.

Last edited:

ImaginaryVillain

Obviously the "Hero" of Light!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Event Gibberish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Seems the documentation for that plugin is missing, even in the plugin's own help section. So Yanfly's is probably a better choice. That being said if are walking under the graphic, then you likely drew the wrong one "above characters". Try temporarily removing that code and see what it looks like. Also I haven't seen the tutorial, but if you can move and she can't it means her tileset is set to make the tiles in that area impassable. Check your tileset setting or use something like http://www.yanfly.moe/wiki/Region_Restrictions_(YEP) to lock the player out of the area.

hero_buddy

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
alright, my trusty tech guy boyfriend did a bit of troubleshooting for me, and he managed to fix it! turns out i needed to put an exclamation point before the file name, and i forgot to erase the grass like a silly lil goober. mods, can you close this thread since it's resolved?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Been parallax mapping nigh all night. :D
2nd character based on the same random inputs
the coffee shop i go to for open mic every friday only has 2 more open mics left and then they're done :'( i'm gonna die!
Everytime someone says Intel "kabylake" I hear either baby lake or ladycake.
Either I just had one of those dreams where you think you're awake, or I have time traveled. I woke up at 6:58am this morning, heard my father leaving for work, laid back down, now its 1:16am.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayato7729