Gaiaman77

Music Composer/Sound Designer/Self Proclaimed Nice
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
*EDIT* I am now working on a title, but please feel free to view this as a portfolio.

Hi! ^_^

I've joined the forums after remembering the joys of using RPG Maker 2K and remembering all the fun I had making games on that platform. I dont make self dev games anymore but I have been longing to get my composition work out in the open so figured this would be a great venture.

I have been composing and writing various genres of music for over 15 years. My first love was the FF7 Soundtrack, I recorded all the songs onto a tape player and used to listen to them on repeat. 

And now, the pitch! haha :)  

I am willing to work with independent developers on making a soundset & music score for FREE. yes, thats right. An entire score to match your game along with a full soundset for nothing.

I need to get my foot in the door starting my career into video game composition as it is something I have aimed for all my life. I have worked with artists, recorded bands and written music for various performing acts, but I see now as the best time for me to begin actually getting my work out there for developers.

Here are some examples -

Any feedback is of course welcome. Please get in contact with me on here, I'd be very willing to work with someone who is either in early development or in later stages. All I would need is a solid brief with some strong examples. I would preferably like to work with someone who is creating an immersive game, as opposed to something quick and fun, but I am open to anything.

Last edited by a moderator:

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I've moved this thread to Project Recruitment. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Simon D. Aelsi

Voice Actor/Composer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hylian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
15 years....? Hoo boy. You have me beat.  I really like the atmospheric one. It sounds like it could be for one of those relaxation games I've heard so much about.
I like it! Keep it up! (It also helps when you build a rapport with the community. Just throwing that out there...)

Gabrelik

Almighty Maker of Sandwiches
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, Gaiaman77. I would love to speak with you about collaboration on a project I'm working on, if you are still free? I love the pieces you've presented here and think your work would blend beautifully with what we're trying to create. Please PM me for more details if you would be so inclined.

Thanks!

Allsvin

Savant
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey Gaiaman, looks very interesting, I don't have time to listen to all of your tracks at the moment but your credentials sound great... I'm making a very music-oriented game, I need to work closely with one composer about making a musical/melody related puzzle where the player attempts to read a melody by ear. My game is called Machine Made: Rebirth, you can find us here or on google. Would you be interested in something like that puzzle, or possibly having me steal a few of your tracks for the OST? I'll credit you and cross-promote on our websites. Get at me at allsvin@gmail.com

SpacemanFive

Meteor Mage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
*sigh* With your great work there, I finally found a sound that might have worked or fit really well for the game I'm working on, and I completely missed the boat because I wasn't able to post sooner. Sorry.

I hope whichever one of these other people you choose to work with, it results in something fantastic for their project and both of your respective careers. No, really, I'd love to see the resulting game.

I can provide contact information over PM, but I don't see as much of a point since I didn't respond soon enough.

Gaiaman77

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
*sigh* With your great work there, I finally found a sound that might have worked or fit really well for the game I'm working on, and I completely missed the boat because I wasn't able to post sooner. Sorry.

I hope whichever one of these other people you choose to work with, it results in something fantastic for their project and both of your respective careers. No, really, I'd love to see the resulting game.

I can provide contact information over PM, but I don't see as much of a point since I didn't respond soon enough.

Thanks so much for the response here! I really appreciate your kind words. unfortunately I have been ill the last couple of days so its slowed me down on the project, but I'll be back at it tonight. Keep your eyes peeled on the development and when its done Im sure we can work something out.

SpacemanFive

Meteor Mage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thanks so much for the response here! I really appreciate your kind words. unfortunately I have been ill the last couple of days so its slowed me down on the project, but I'll be back at it tonight. Keep your eyes peeled on the development and when its done Im sure we can work something out.

You're welcome. Honestly, I wasn't expecting a response like this back, I thought I'd messed it up with how down I got. Thank you. Hope you're feeling better, or will be soon.

Gaiaman77

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello, Gaiaman77. I would love to speak with you about collaboration on a project I'm working on, if you are still free? I love the pieces you've presented here and think your work would blend beautifully with what we're trying to create. Please PM me for more details if you would be so inclined.

Thanks!

Hi! thankyou as well for such lovely words. Im amazed at the response I have had from such a small portfolio. Im currently working on a full length score, but upon its completion I will be taking on new projects (Or at least untill a large bulk has been finished off, the progress is good so far!) I'll post up a new portfolio later on too. I hope your project is going well!

Kudaaj330

Game Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I knew right away when I read your inspiration was FF7 I was going to like your music :)

Good stuff man, if you are ever free and looking for work I know I could use you and your talent. :D

Happy composing!

Gaiaman77

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I knew right away when I read your inspiration was FF7 I was going to like your music :)

Good stuff man, if you are ever free and looking for work I know I could use you and your talent. :D

Happy composing!

Thankyou so much man, and yes, I'll never forget how moved I was at the opening sequence, the way the music tied in so perfectly to the dynamics of that scene changed my perspective of how music works.

I'm also inspired by alot of progressive metal music, jazz and am very into Hitoshi Sakimoto for his work on the tactics games and ff12.

Gaiaman77

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
UPDATE

Heres a preview of some of the tracks I am working on for AOF. Pooling a variety of influences here, (including final fantasy, warcraft 2, myth the fallen lords, and more) but sticking to a retro RPG theme. These are pretty much in the first stages but let me know what you guys think.

abe109

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Would it be possible for you to create a soundtrack similar (not in rhythm but in reference to importance) to the game of thrones soundtrack 'the king's arrival'?

I need something that says 'here comes an important man' when the most powerful man in my fictional world walks in the game.

I can pm you an online copy of the book demo (which the game will be based on) if you need to get a feel for it-let me know. You will definitely be credited if I end up using the track, also I can create a character or npc based on you in the story as well a  can add a brief storyline based on your input if you help me with one or more tracks used. Thanks.

Gaiaman77

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@abe109 I have sent you a personal message! Thanks for the request.

ShinNessTen

Valedictorian of Wonderland
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVX
Man... it's time i'm gonna get up and find some co-workers!

Hello Gaiaman. I've listen to some of your tracks and they are very beautiful!

I'm a guy who has two games out that are pretty ****ty and i would like to not make another grotesque game!

So i'm the developer of Soul Effect, a game that probably doesn't fit well with your music, since it'll be some rock and roll crap.

BUT, since i'm stuck on a creative loop, i'd like to make a new Game called Soul Effect 0 that is based around a medievel setting and is gonna be a combination of two of my Favorite Final Fantasy games ever. Final Fantasy 5 and Final Fantasy 9.

It'll be a somewhat big game, so i'd like you to have around for some great memorable soundtracks!

If not... then... well... eh... i guess i just leave... 

But no seriously, it's up to you! :)

Gaiaman77

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Man... it's time i'm gonna get up and find some co-workers!

Hello Gaiaman. I've listen to some of your tracks and they are very beautiful!

I'm a guy who has two games out that are pretty ****ty and i would like to not make another grotesque game!

So i'm the developer of Soul Effect, a game that probably doesn't fit well with your music, since it'll be some rock and roll crap.

BUT, since i'm stuck on a creative loop, i'd like to make a new Game called Soul Effect 0 that is based around a medievel setting and is gonna be a combination of two of my Favorite Final Fantasy games ever. Final Fantasy 5 and Final Fantasy 9.

It'll be a somewhat big game, so i'd like you to have around for some great memorable soundtracks!

If not... then... well... eh... i guess i just leave... 

But no seriously, it's up to you! :)

Hi dude! thanks for your compliment regarding the music I have been making, its been a rocky start but Im so happy people are finding these tunes enjoyable.

This may come as a surprise, but I actually play and write for 2 metal bands, (progressive and extreme metal projects) and have a massive love for "rock and roll crap" :)

Im currently going through a stage in which my main music computer has been taken in for repair and it may be a some time untill I have it back and get my software up to date. Theres currently Free to use music on my soundcloud (link above). the project that initially snapped me up from this forum flopped due to copyright infringements and tracing, ( a real shame) so all of the music had completed for that is available to download and use for free, hopefully you can find something for your game! (mention me in it if your feeling nice ^_^)

Also, and this is by no means me being rude, as I'm so humbled by peoples interest and love the creative people, but one thing i have noticed is people saying things like - "oh all my other games have been awful", "its kind of like ff but way worse", "were part of a real small sucky development team" in personal messages and such to myself regarding me doing some work for them.  Which leads me to say......

Please don't put yourself down in a pitch. I wanna be intrigued, excited and eager to work for a team, If you went for a job interview and the boss said - "oh we've had a real lame company history" it would put you off! Have faith in things going forward, and learn from from what has been done, sure in the eyes of the creator nothing is perfect but I guarantee whatever your currently making will be so, so much better, flaunt what you got!

ShinNessTen

Valedictorian of Wonderland
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVX
Hi dude! thanks for your compliment regarding the music I have been making, its been a rocky start but Im so happy people are finding these tunes enjoyable.

This may come as a surprise, but I actually play and write for 2 metal bands, (progressive and extreme metal projects) and have a massive love for "rock and roll crap" :)

Im currently going through a stage in which my main music computer has been taken in for repair and it may be a some time untill I have it back and get my software up to date. Theres currently Free to use music on my soundcloud (link above). the project that initially snapped me up from this forum flopped due to copyright infringements and tracing, ( a real shame) so all of the music had completed for that is available to download and use for free, hopefully you can find something for your game! (mention me in it if your feeling nice ^_^)

Also, and this is by no means me being rude, as I'm so humbled by peoples interest and love the creative people, but one thing i have noticed is people saying things like - "oh all my other games have been awful", "its kind of like ff but way worse", "were part of a real small sucky development team" in personal messages and such to myself regarding me doing some work for them.  Which leads me to say......

Please don't put yourself down in a pitch. I wanna be intrigued, excited and eager to work for a team, If you went for a job interview and the boss said - "oh we've had a real lame company history" it would put you off! Have faith in things going forward, and learn from from what has been done, sure in the eyes of the creator nothing is perfect but I guarantee whatever your currently making will be so, so much better, flaunt what you got!

Alright! THEN LET'S MAKE THE BEST RPG MAKER GAME EVER! IT'S GONNA BE THE BEST AND I WILL WIN EVERY GAME TITLE THERE IS "Best RPG of 20XX" "Best Game of 20XX" "Best Game this century!" "BEST LIFE EXPERIENCE" "BEST COMEDY PERFORMANCE!" "BEST WORST GAME!" "BEST BEST GAME" "BETTER THAN UNDERTALE BY 200%!" 

lol sorry! But you're totally right! I should put more faith into my Projects! :D  

Gaiaman77

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
^ Thats the spirit! ^_^

Noctis

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
Are you still accepting request for free? I listened to the tracks you posted here and they're great!

ParadoxX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
i would also like to know if you still work for free, and when you are going to take the next requests! i would love to have you in my game!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Mom tested positive for COVID thanks to a single stupid coworker of hers not taking sh*t serious.
I'll prolly won't be on here for a while as we deal with this.
So before I inevitably start a new project to reorganize myself (I will make sure to save important info dw), I will make an external list of what I want in the final database.
Although a lot of things are still not finished, I can't delay the early access date.
It's her birthday. :kaojoy:
Have you ever been truly comfortable? This weekend I experienced it for the first time in my 33 years on this planet. Try to get comfy, friends.
Every once in a while I check to see if my planned game titles are taken or trademarked. Still okay. I plan to take my time for the sake of quality, but at the same time it feels like a race against some hidden dev out there who also plans to publish or register the same title.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
duselre