Need more resources!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Need a Gender plugin that serves the following purposes;

1) Set Equipment to be (Gender) Only, similar to the Dragon Quest series, where there are plenty of Female-only armor.

2) Skills that work only on a specific gender. After all, Charm is a default state. One would think Charm would only work on a target that's the opposite gender of the user.

So it would need notetags to label; Actors, Enemies, Equipment, and conditional checks for skills before applying effect (even through damage formula if need be).

menden

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
N/A
for the first point one you could try tdw plugin

as for the second point you could make a state which females actors/enemies are immune?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A lot of the things you mentioned can be done without plugins - in fact it is easier to do "female-only armor types" in the database than it is to have a plugin for equipment restrictions.
And the skills could partially be done by differentating damage elements and similiar options.
Only a very few options come to mind where a plugin would be better (a complex common event on a skill for example).

I think it will be better if you make a list of everything where you want the gender to affect the game - such a list would be a requirement before a plugin can be written anyway because a plugin writer can't read your mind as to what effects you want without you telling that.

But then, instead just throwing that list at a plugin writer, you decide which of the skill or other effects can easily done by eventing or the database (like no need for handling armor types by plugin) and only request those parts where the plugin would be the easier solution from the plugin writer.
That would also reduce the workload on the plugin, making it more likely to find someone to do the work

Animebryan

Need more resources!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Putting the gender based equipment aside for Armor Types, how would you go about doing a conditional check for gender for skills? The gender based traits need to be separate from Elements because a lot of my skills already have elements to them & adding in a secondary element to those skills would complicate the damage output based on Yanfly's Element Core settings. The 2 scenarios for skills would be checking the target's gender & only applying the effect if its the correct one, & the other would also check the target's gender & if its the correct one, add Bonus Damage to the damage output.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
how would you go about doing a conditional check for gender for skills?
That is why I asked for details of what the skills are to do.

There are several tricks that can work depending on what you want the effect to be - your example of "charm" doesn't say the result of the skill.

One option I already mentioned is the one about different elements and elemental damage rates if it is just about damage rates.
If you want to have different states affect the different genders, then the skill should apply two states and each actor or enemy is immune to one of the states but not the other (robots would be immune to both). You'll have to make sure that the text lines for resist are empty as to not give the wrong message in such cases.
No need to have two skills if you are carefull with the skill and state design.
If it is about non-value effects like things on the map reacting differently, you can either check something with event commands or in a few cases even trick the engine by event conditions - for example the hidden items are hidden so that you can add them to the party inventory and reference them with event conditions without the player ever seeing them. So just when the player decides to have a female leader of the party at the beginning (for example) you can add a female token and then have some map events react to it by "item exists" condition.

If everything else fails to be usable, you can call a common event to check anything. In such a case you can
use the build-in meta command to check for a possible gender-tag by script line of a conditional branch if all other options fail (see the help file for the meta command, it automatically reads default notetags, you don't need a plugin to get new notetags done)

EDIT:
Just to add from the other side:
The problem with writing a plugin for this is that neither the plugin nor the plugin writer can read your mind or know what is in your game. So you would still have to give a detailed list of what is to be done when before such a plugin can be written, and then your events would still have to check something in most cases - and that check could easily be done by the existing meta function as well.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So I need to come up with quite a few action sequences.
Was stressing about this plugin earlier, but pretty happy with how its looking now! Purple makes it pop more too!! :)
A friend requested me to do a pfp for his twitch channel, so far he approved one of my sketches, so going to digital now. The style he's looking for is quite different from my usual, hopefully I can get it right... :kaoback:
I am so hyped! A new post update and im anxious to see reactions..eeeeeeee

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noicchi