Need a little help with ScriptCalls and Party members

Nerdpago

Maker
Reaction score
First Language
Portugues
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, so i want to know if exist a script call that allow to identify if a specified party member is on a especified region
For example, if the second party member is on region id 60 , change his image
OR if if the second party member is on a especified map region "X and Y" change his image

Could be a plugin too...if someone need more details just let me know

Pls help me guys

Eliaquim

Raze: The Rakuen Zero's Guardian!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi!
With this you can check in a conditional branch, each region your party members will be:

◆If:Script:$gamePlayer._followers.follower(0).regionId() == 1

:End

Follower 0 is the second actor in your menu status.
Now, we need to figure out how we can change the image of the follower (which is the second actor in the menu)

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Now, we need to figure out how we can change the image of the follower (which is the second actor in the menu)
Just get its actor ID (for example by control variable) and then use change actor grafic on it.

However, the biggest problem is something else @Nerdpago
Checking and changing every actor and follower picture on the fly is NOT neglectable work, it has a high chance of creating a lot of lag.
This counts especially if it is done by parallel process.

So can you tell us for what you want that info and how you plan to use it?
Because without that info any general answer has a high chance of breaking or lagging your game.

Eliaquim

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Have no idea how to do this.
I mean, i think we need to check the follower, than check which actor id belong to this follower, then change his image.
But in the codes, i dont know.

I have tried this, but not work.
Code:
$gameParty.members()[0].setCharacterImage(Monster, 1);

$gameParty.members()[0]._actorId.setCharacterImage('Monster', 1);

$gamePlayer._followers.follower(0).setCharacterImage('Monster', 1);
But i get to this:
◆If:Script:$gamePlayer._followers.follower(0).regionId() == 1
◆Control Variables:#0020 = Actor ID of the party member #2
◆Script:$gameActors.actor($gameVariables.value(20)).setCharacterImage("Monster", 1);
: :$gamePlayer.refresh();

:End

[EDIT] It worked! I do a mistake with the trigger event xD
but worked!

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
◆Script:$gameActors.actor($gameVariables.value(20)).setCharacterImage("Monster", 1);
: :$gamePlayer.refresh();
But dont work either.
why use a script here - that is what the event command change actor graphics should do automatically

Nerdpago

Maker
Reaction score
First Language
Portugues
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you so much guys, especialy @Eliaquim , it worked FINE and no Lag detected !
Just more one question, can i use a script call to detect if the especified follower is moving ?
it would be perfect if i can use a condition like that
its like "If : second follower is on region ID "X" and If: second follower is "Idle"

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Followers only move when the party as a complete one moves.
Sometimes it might look as if they aren't moving if the main player had been moving back and forth, but to the engine itself that still counts as moving.
you would have to implement an entirely new check as to how position changes, and that would really be problematic for lag due to how many checks it would need compared to how often that really happens.

Eliaquim

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you so much guys, especialy @Eliaquim , it worked FINE and no Lag detected !
Just more one question, can i use a script call to detect if the especified follower is moving ?
it would be perfect if i can use a condition like that
its like "If : second follower is on region ID "X" and If: second follower is "Idle"
Not sure about the follower. But, the follower only moves if the player moves, right?
So if we put a condition that we use if the player moves, instead of follower?
That will help?

Nerdpago

Maker
Reaction score
First Language
Portugues
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Assuming I can move the followers independently from The player, yet I would not be able to, by some script call or even plug-in, detect if the specific follower is on the move? If not possible, I have no more questions, you guys already helped me a lot, thanks

Eliaquim

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There's some plugins for move tje followers. Search for hime works follower, TYR follower and have other too...
Just put in google RPG MAKER MV FOLLOWER PLUGIN

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I keep snapping wireless headphones. I think thats how they get ya, good sound quality but cheap plastic...
Broke the 1,000 hour mark on MV last night! Most of that was spent on 1 project, with most of that project being worked on outside the engine so far.
School books are so expensive... I just paid a fortune. :(
Does anyone knows those arts are just rip-offs from anime, or those are custom arts? There are no availlable TOS information so I'm not sure it's safe to get them
The universe does not want me to do another letsplay it seems... I keep bumping into problem after problem... Oh well. Still have several days to sort them out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nightfight