KrimsonKatt

Pyromancer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello. I need someone that can create 40 or so music tracks for my game. The game is in a 8 bit style so it would be best if the songs were in 8 bit made by someone experienced in that field. I can get the melody of the song (hummed by me) and post them on YouTube. Then all you would have to do is to make that existing melody in a music-making program and we're good. I will post more melodies on this page as I create them. If you are interested, please contact me via PM and post in this thread to keep it active. Thanks!

The game will be made with Pixel Game Maker MV. Development will begin after Meteo Chronicles, Zero Gear Chronicles, and Ebony Chronicles are completed.

My game is a 2D 8-bit styled action RPG metroidvania featuring a large cast of playable characters and an open world. You explore individual interconnected 2D rooms as you platform and fight monsters in real time. Each character has a "basic attack" which is slightly different for each character which is used when you press the Y button. You can jump with the B button and use your active item with the A button. You can use various "combat arts" with the X button which are preformed using various button combinations. For example, the character Ryuuta's upward slash art is activated by pressing Up and X, which causes Ryuuta to rise up with his sword, similar to the sword ability in Kirby games and the "Rising Flame" EX Skill in Megaman Zero 2/3. All arts use AP, or Art Points, which slowly refill over time. At first, you have no Arts and can only jump, attack, and use items, but as you Level Up by defeating enemies and completing quests (gaining XP) you will gain new Arts. Scattered across the world are various upgrades that improve your mobility as well as Heart and Mana Crystals which raise your Maximum HP and AP. Here are all the upgrades:
  1. Hermes Boots - Allows you to dash forward by pressing the ZL button. Found in the Desert Cave.
  2. Slide Shoes - Allows you to slide on the ground by pressing Down + B. This allows you to get past low ceilings. Found in Nostra Woods.
  3. Climbing Claws - Allows you to wall-jump by pressing B while wall-sliding. You can wall-slide by pressing against a normal wall. Found in Aquarius Sewers
  4. Magitek Rocket - Allows you to hold down ZL to boost forward at incredible speeds by Super Dashing. You can stop using the Super Dash by pressing the joystick in the opposite direction that your going in or by hitting a wall. If you run into an enemy while super-dashing, if you are 5 levels or higher than it you will instantly kill it gaining 0.5x experience. If you are 4-0 levels higher than the monster, you will bounce off, becoming stunned but take no damage. However if you are a lower level than the monster you will bounce off, become stunned, and take damage. Obtained in Gavin's Workshop
  5. Shadow Cloak - Allows your dash to be able to phase though enemies without taking damage. Has a short cooldown and is found in Nostra Deepwoods.
  6. Daedalus Stormwings - Allows you to double jump by pressing B in midair. Also allows you to jump-kick by pressing Down + Y and to use a reprisal when knocked into the air, recovering from your hitstun. Obtained as a prize for winning the Bronze Cup in the Lorca Arena. (required for the plot)
  7. Neptune's Shell - Allows you to breath and swim freely underwater. Unlocked after clearing the Ocean Caverns. (During the underwater segment in chapter 14, the Neptune's Shell's effects will be permanent until you clear the chapter.)
  8. Rocket Boots - Allows you to press Up + B to jump extremely high in the air. Acquired in the Dragon Temple.
  9. Jet Boots - Turns your regular dash into a super dash that can be easily stopped at any time without having slowdown. Insta kills all enemies weaker than you. (lower BST instead of level) Obtained in a sidequest during Endgame. Can be freely turned on or off.
Those are all the upgrades, but now lets talk about what happens when you level up. By killing enemies (who each have their own patterns and attacks) you gain XP, and once you get enough you can level up! Each character you get has a base level, with the level cap being 99. (MAX) Upon hitting a new level, you have the choice to level up three different stats: Strength, Defense, or Tech, each making out at Lv. 33. Strength determines the power of physical attacks and arts, defense determines how much damage is reduced from enemy attacks, and Tech determines how much damage of certain Arts or the level of effect certain Arts have. Only Arts that have elemental properties (Fire, Earth, Thunder, Water, Holy, Dark, Poison, Drain, or Heal) are affected by Tech, which is most of them.

Each character also has a "stat modifier" which range from Bad to Excellent. They go in this order from worst to best: Bad, Average, Good, Great and excellent. For standard stats (STR, DEF, and TEC) you can gain 3, 5, 7, 10, or 12 of a stat when you level up based on the characters stat modifier. For example, the character Tycho's STR modifier is Excellent, while his TEC modifier is bad. Every time you level up and choose to level up STR, Tycho gains +12 STR. However, if you choose to level up TEC when you gain an overall level, Tycho will only gain +3 TEC. Lets say that Tycho is Lv.11, and when Tycho levels up he chooses to level up STR 6 times, (Lv.7) DEF 3 times, (Lv.4) and TEC 1 time. (Lv.2) Since each character has starting stats based off their modifier, (3, 5, 7, 10, or 12 base STR, DEF, or TEC.) Tycho would be at 84 STR, (Excellent modifier is 12 x stat level, so 12 x 7 = 84) 40 DEF, (Tycho's current DEF modifier is great, and the great modifier is 10 x stat level, so 10 x 4 = 40) and 2 TEC. (Bad modifier is 3 x stat level, so 3 x 2 = 6) As you can see, stat modifier impact stats greatly. This makes it so that each character is unique with their own strengths and weaknesses, with a range going from 99-396 in stats.

This also applies to HP and AP gains, though those stat boosts are not gained be leveling up. Rather, they are obtained by collection Heart and Mana Crystals, there being 25 of each, (50 in total) most commonly dropped by bosses but also found scattered across the world. You gain quite a bit more HP and AP when you level them up compared to the standard stats, but modifiers still stand even for HP and AP. Bad is +5, Average is +10, Good is +15, Great is +20, and Excellent +25 per level.

The game is split up into three distinct "Acts," the "Prologue," "Adventure," and "Endgame." Each section is split up into multiple chapters, with the Prologue having 6 chapters, (Prologue 1-6) the Adventure having 16 Chapters, (and one bonus chapter for last-minute sidequests) and the Endgame. (Includes the Finale, (last chapter unless you meet certain requirements to get endings A or B ) Endgame, (Last chapter for Ending B and True Endgame. (linear final segment for Ending A/True Ending) The prologue is very linear with many areas locked off, so there isn't much exploration to be had. The adventure is very much open-world and free-roaming, though you are blocked from certain things since the actual plot itself isn't non-linear. Think of the exploration type like Xenoblade or Final Fantasy XII. You can go anywhere as long as the plot allows. Endgame is much more linear than The Adventure, with the Finale being entirely linear. normal Endgame is a bit more open, with a condensed, now-apocalyptic overworld to traverse and multiple optional dungeons. (which are required for Ending A)

As you made have noticed, the game has many endings, which are lettered from A to Z similar to the Nier/Drakengard games or Dead Rising. Ending A is the true ending, Ending B is the good ending, Endings C and D are bad endings that fully end the game and show the credits, unlocking NG+, (but not getting any NG+ bonuses) like the "true" bad endings in Persona 5, while endings E-O are non-standard game overs and endings P-Z are joke endings. There are also the elusive "Ending SS" and "Ending XXX," but you will need to find those on your own. In total, there are 26 endings, 1 golden ending, 1 true ending, 1 good ending, 2 bad endings, 11 other bad endings, (that result in a game over instead of the game outright ending) and 12 joke endings.
Ryuuta Satori
Ryuuta Avatar 2.PNG
Race: Dragonkin
Dislikes: Injustice, giant bugs, mutants
Description: A dragonkin (former dragons who have taken human form) who lived in the hidden desert village Arcadia for most of his life and wishes to see the outside world. After the Warlord Devon destroyed his hometown, Ryuuta escapes from his clutches and lives a somewhat quiet life as the town of Nostra's local Mercenary, the youngest and most talented member of the adventurer's guild. However when he hears that the Sacred Dragon Tribe village of Dragalia was attacked, the place where his girlfriend Idunn was staying, separated for both of their protections, he sets out initially only to find out the reason behind the Dragalia attack, but is quickly dragged into a worldwide conflict between Dragon and Man that may destroy the entire world as we know it...

Tycho Mooncrusher
Tycho Face.png
Race: Faun
Likes: Woodcutting, exploring, hunting, meat, and hot springs
Dislikes: Alcoholic drinks, big parties, vegetables, and loud noises
Description: A faun living in Nostra Woods his with father Bronze, a famous martial artist, and Melia, a Dryad. After both his parents were killed by the warlord Devon for being heretics, Tycho sought revenge against Devon for his atrocities against his family and people. As a Faun, (the male spawn of a Dryad who are half-goat half-human) he is cursed to never drink an alcoholic beverage who he would turn into a monster known as a Satyr, wild beasts and the servants of the elder demon Pam, also known as Bacchus, the creator of wine.

Korren Watersaint
Korren Face.png
Race: Unknown
Likes: Seafood, singing, dancing, pretty things, bishonen guys.
Dislikes: Manly men, perverts, arranged marriages
Description: A young woman who was found bathing in Aquarius Watershed. While Ryuuta friends Owain and Tycho tried to get a peek (to limited success) Ryuuta respected her privacy, immediately earning her respect. She has a huge crush on Ryuuta, but her well-spoken speech and refined mannerisms suggest that there is more to her than meets the eye...

Rufus Pratten
Rufus Face.png
Race: Half-Devil
Dislikes: Getting scammed, devils/succubi, evil cults
Description: A man that sacrificed everything, including various crimes like stealing and forgery, to support this family. However, he got more than he bargained for when he joined the Cult of Kathunid. While he was payed quite decently as a spy for the cult, he was forced to preform a ritual to turn him into a devil, a task all higher-members of the cult must to once they gain enough prestige within the cult. While Ryuuta and his friends were able to stop the ritual before it was too late, Rufus was still turned into a half-devil after which he joined Ryuuta and his friends to redeem himself for his mistakes.

Yohan Gestalt
Yohan Face.png
Race: Human (Magi)
Likes: Pizza, learning new spells, studying demonology, playing with his yoyo
Dislikes: People scolding him, failing, getting denied
Description: A young wizard who along with his brother serve the Grand Sage, Yarhon Amadeus Crowe as his apprentices. While his brother Felix has much more potential in the magickal arts, Yohan puts in a lot more effort with his studies. However, Yarhon is worried about his obsession with demonkind and the dark arts, which might lead him down a path of darkness.

Felix Gestalt

Helena Earthseer

Gracie Gungalive

Sojira Emeraldo

Yamato

Wilco Reinhardt

Melanie Duskweeper

Owain

Idunn
Devon Hartmut

Xenoki

Firelord Yazna

Cynthia Lunos Crowe

Kathunid

General Greil

Prince Ku

Dagon

Dunban Baliskos

Baigen Icebrand

Hannon Lorca
Astos

Elene

Amos

Rinkah

Guts

Anna
Song #1: Mystery of the Firebrand (Title Screen Theme)

Song #2 A Powerful Foe (Boss Theme)

Firebrand Chronicles BETA gameplay.jpg

Last edited:

lianderson

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello human, I see you seek oxygen vibrations that reflect your artistic intentions.

The dark lord advises that you adapt either your expectations, skills, and/or offerings in order to achieve your desired goal at now. A goal you have deemed valuable enough to create frequency and timing instructions via your vocal chords in order to properly communicate what the musicians must music.

This one does not have 40 tracks, nor the style of which one transcribes from their want, but if one alters their altar in order to twist into a contorted position of pragmatic function, then perhaps adaption will be achieved through the use of the music this one created for their own digital expression.

The link can be found here mortal. All music requires no currencies, for flowful murda is water that must be breathed through all of our veins: https://soundcloud.com/leif-ian-anderson

I hope this post aids you mortal for the dark one weeps calcium as it sees these forums ignore your human pleas for assistance. Good day, and may your goals become goals that were worth becoming.

KrimsonKatt

Pyromancer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@lianderson Please stop talking like an JRPG villain. It makes it very hard to understand you and honestly is very unprofessional. The link you sent was absolutely useless. Just some guy making crappy piano/atmospheric music on soundcloud with with only around 100 views total and no way to see what he's about, if he takes requests, or the like. I expected some sort of conversion tool, but got nothing of the sort. These tracks are not even similar to the tracks I requested. Is this some sort of joke? Is this a obscure meme like rick-rolling in the RPG maker community? I don't think so, as I've been in this community since 2015 and have never encountered or heard about this "prank." I literally had to bump this post twice over a month before I got any responses, and even then it was a meme post. Not happy. Is everyone on this forum this useless?

lianderson

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Evening mortal, this one is sorry that it does not provide the tools required for one to achieve the goals they have set forth inside their cranium. We are learning this realm as we go and are still transfixed on this fried breading of flying meat.

With that being communicated, we advise you seek our wisdom for we are still the only ones to arrive to your aid. Rereading of our post may yield greater understanding into what was posted. Failure to interpret is okay as it demonstrates more work must be done on your altar in order to achieve the intellectual achievements you wish to achieve.

Good day human, and may your anger manifest into self reliance and/or acceptance.

Josue Castillo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello human, I see you seek oxygen vibrations that reflect your artistic intentions.

The dark lord advises that you adapt either your expectations, skills, and/or offerings in order to achieve your desired goal at now. A goal you have deemed valuable enough to create frequency and timing instructions via your vocal chords in order to properly communicate what the musicians must music.

This one does not have 40 tracks, nor the style of which one transcribes from their want, but if one alters their altar in order to twist into a contorted position of pragmatic function, then perhaps adaption will be achieved through the use of the music this one created for their own digital expression.

The link can be found here mortal. All music requires no currencies, for flowful murda is water that must be breathed through all of our veins: https://soundcloud.com/leif-ian-anderson

I hope this post aids you mortal for the dark one weeps calcium as it sees these forums ignore your human pleas for assistance. Good day, and may your goals become goals that were worth becoming.
I am currently making a low budget commercial game. Can I use your music on it with the respective credits to you? Or do I have to get a license?

Edit: You've got some nice tracks there!

lianderson

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yes mortal, you may use all of this one's audio expressions of its depressing era. A link for easy access shall be sent at now: https://discord.gg/DyJQd6

May you, the creator of this thread, or any other human reading this that is not my neighbor whom I've stolen cooking pans from for being a douche last Tuesday due to him finding out I was sleeping with his thirsty wife who's had a thing for me since the last blood moon sacrifice ritual, strengthen their altar by reading this post. For we are all but brothers in knives mortal. (except for that neighbor of course)

Good day human, and good murda.

Josue Castillo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes mortal, you may use all of this one's audio expressions of its depressing era. A link for easy access shall be sent at now: https://discord.gg/DyJQd6

May you, the creator of this thread, or any other human reading this that is not my neighbor whom I've stolen cooking pans from for being a douche last Tuesday due to him finding out I was sleeping with his thirsty wife who's had a thing for me since the last blood moon sacrifice ritual, strengthen their altar by reading this post. For we are all but brothers in knives mortal. (except for that neighbor of course)

Good day human, and good murda.
I very much appreciate it! You are very kind.

Is "Leif Ian Anderson" fine for the credits?

PS: I will contact you with a final game free copy so that you can take a look!

Last edited:

lianderson

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
That assimilation name is most fine mortal. This one's heart is touched by your free copy and shall honor you with a free copy of its own on that day of fate.

Sacrifices are being made now and a bribe of 12 mountain dews has been given to the executioner. You shall receive 15 goats trained in the art of gam mak on the day of the coming apocalypse. May they aid you as you recreate purpose in society through your artistic journey.

Good day human, we hope your coming successes in life not do create pride and your coming failures do not create regret.

Ryanu

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
That assimilation name is most fine mortal. This one's heart is touched by your free copy and shall honor you with a free copy of its own on that day of fate.

Sacrifices are being made now and a bribe of 12 mountain dews has been given to the executioner. You shall receive 15 goats trained in the art of gam mak on the day of the coming apocalypse. May they aid you as you recreate purpose in society through your artistic journey.

Good day human, we hope your coming successes in life not do create pride and your coming failures do not create regret.
Hello. Will you send me a Discord link?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

How do you cure sleep problem? It has been 7 months and it's 3 AM now..
Darn you, Seals! Why do you gotta be so cute when on land?:kaoluv:
So dragonbones getting laggy xD
I even removed the fingers armatures.

Have to remake this guy after crashing ( corrupted file).
:rtear:

Although limited to only this shop for room decorations, I like this aspect for previewing items.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnthonyDewitt