Draconic_Story_Teller

Guardian of the Bookshelf
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've seen tons of finished products, both from big-name and small-name companies, that include a feature I want to include. I need a way to make a dynamic light source that follows the player, or even a party member. The idea of providing a 'torch' item that generated a passively existing dynamic light to follow an event/party member/leader is something I want to explore adding into my game if at all possible.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
That will be best done with a plug-in. Moving.

I've moved this thread to Plug-In Requests. Thank you.

Draconic_Story_Teller

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That will be best done with a plug-in. Moving.

[move]Plug-In Requests[/move]

My bad didn't see a plug-in thread when I glanced at the list. Javascript didn't click right away as plug in work for me

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Np. And I unfortunately use ACE so I don't know the plug-ins that do this. Now it *might* be doable with eventing and a show picture combo but that's the only non-plug in approach I could think of, and even then I'm not 100% sure it would work.

Still, we can see what others suggest. In the meantime, try a search for lighting plug-ins under the Plug-in Releases. That might get you started while you wait for responses.

Draconic_Story_Teller

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Np. And I unfortunately use ACE so I don't know the plug-ins that do this. Now it *might* be doable with eventing and a show picture combo but that's the only non-plug in approach I could think of, and even then I'm not 100% sure it would work.

Still, we can see what others suggest. In the meantime, try a search for lighting plug-ins under the Plug-in Releases. That might get you started while you wait for responses.
Sounds good, and if I find something, I'll edit the original post to reflect it in case anyone else needed something

Draconic_Story_Teller

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think Khas has a lighting plugin with a flashlight feature that could be used to do what you want: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/khas-advanced-lighting.77679/

Are you sure it handles making a specific item to carry, though? Looking at the documentation, it focuses on events, scripts, and tags. I'm worried it won't cover making an actual slotted item. I was thinking making my mage generate light and explain that is due to having a fire-based focus item, slotted in the shield slot.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

If a person becomes voluntarily missing, does it cause the butterfly effect?
normal_water_is_fine.jpg

Just going to use stationary water for the randomized maps. Sure, particles would look cool... But this is about compromising and not spending countless hours making the perfect water particle for each set piece with water. :kaoswt:
Maybe I should get rid of the Banish ability in my game. It's a non-elemental spell that doesn't even appear in the magic chart. It's only there because my Elementalist doesn't use light or dark magic. It only effects summoned creatures.
ScreenShot_5_18_2022_0_37_0.png
I've been redoing all of the major areas in my game. starting with a place called Century Park. thankfully because all of the locations are distorted memories, I can make these places pretty abstract.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewzah