Need An FF7 Remake Battle ABS System for RPG Maker MV.

mavins16

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Aight, lads. Let's do this.
So, I'm currently developing a game inspired by Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Harvest Moon: More Friends of Mineral Town, Rune Factory 4, Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, and the Final Fantasy 7 Remake using the RPG Maker MV engine.
I've gotten most of the mechanics done for the main components of the game (EX: ABS exploration for when the MC wants to camp out, brave the wild, fight enemies via Breath of the Wild style (exploration is for the MC only. No, group camping -yet- yadda). I've searched up tutorials I can use, JS plugins with tutorials or demos, and had prior experience making a short game using this program.
So... I'm kinda not that newbie-ish to programming simple things (or implementing complex code) in RPG MV. But, I'm kinda having trouble with emulating the battle system FF7 Remake is using.
Let me get the the obvious 'nono' out of the way first.
I know the mechanic works best with 3D engines and models.
I don't have enough free time to make my project 3d to be honest... )':
So... 2d is kinda the easy way for me to go...
Also, I'm absolutely in love with 2d games still :')
Anyways, here's the idea for the mechanic that I want.
An enemy appears in real time. The selected party members go and attack this via ABS. But the thing is that your three party members are just AI-ing it up with the enemy while you're busy controlling the main MC's moves. Then you click an assigned key (or an icon). Everything slows down for a bit while you decide what to do next; attack, decide which spells to unleash, take potion, etc. But there's also an additional option to swap from the MC to someone in the attacking group. Then it resumes with you fighting the enemy for a bit and then clicking on the assigned key again and deciding what to do next.
I want to do this with multiple enemies as well. Not just the boss or just one enemy.
So, yea, that's basically it.

If any of you fine folks want to take my request, guide me through, or just plain out make the JS plugin for it then please go ahead! :) I need it lol
ALSOOOOOOOOO
Another bonus is that you'll have your own personal character implemented in the game for this!
ANDDDDD
You'll obviously get credit for it lol.

Anyways, that's the whole stuff, lads.
Can't wait to see your replies :)

Last edited:

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Moderator's note: mavins16 is aware that this might best be suited in the Classifieds, and was willing to put it there, but as they cannot access that part of the forum yet, they were encouraged to post here until they met the posting guidelines for Classifieds.

DilidKuDufan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Somali
Primarily Uses
RM2k
Since you say you know some things with coding I just suggest a few mods on what you have now:
You could add the pause before the attack is made then it restores to normal time when attack is unleashed.

It would be a loop trick (an over-active switch that can be rapidly pressed) when the menu is called I can only so imagine.

Also I assume when the menu is called you can rule assume between band mates being the main attacker which skills activates which would be cool too I think.

Last edited:

xabileug

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
just get the skill selection open a new scene so it is not happening in the scene map. it will be automatic pause when the processing does not happen in scene map.

mavins16

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Since you say you know some things with coding I just suggest a few mods on what you have now:
You could add the pause before the attack is made then it restores to normal time when attack is unleashed.

It would be a loop trick (an over-active switch that can be rapidly pressed) when the menu is called I can only so imagine.

Also I assume when the menu is called you can rule assume between band mates being the main attacker which skills activates which would be cool too I think.

Thank you for the great ideas! :) Your description is kinda close to what I wanted my system to be. Currently, I'm messing around with some exciting coding to see if I can implement what I want and what you suggested so that I can save some money lol. If that fails then Classifieds it is then...

mavins16

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
just get the skill selection open a new scene so it is not happening in the scene map. it will be automatic pause when the processing does not happen in scene map.

Hmh... good idea. But I kinda want the skill selection screen to happen on the scene map instead of the new scene... But thanks for answering this thread!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

3am me: So how do you feel about a character inviting their own character portrait to a tea party? =D

3pm me: //facepalms
I turned 17 two months ago and I feel like I've grown (personality-wise) more in this 1 year than all the 16 years I had lived combined.
Ugh, I may have been cumbersomely eventing a bunch of stuff I could have easily done changing the tileset "Passage (4 dir)" and "Ladder" options. Oops :D
I have no idea why some of the program "splash screen" always on top. E.g, RMMZ loading screen stuck on the top blocking anything I want to do until it fully loaded. What is even the purpose?
One of the secret places in the game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
silvake1543