Need Assistance with Mog Scene File A (RPG MAKER VX ACE)

Ikari

Noir Spiral
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello! I think I'll get right to the chase here. Currently, I'm using the script "Scene File A" made by Mog Hunter. It seems that the script was originally fit for 544x416 resolution, but since I have change my resolution to a higher size, (640x480) For example, this is how my screen looks like when I change it to 640x480 with the script:

http://i.imgur.com/rwj7IzJ.png

I want to configure the script so that the graphics manage to fit in place with the screen and nothing looks wonky or off. Can anyone configure this script, or does anyone know some tips that would be able to help with adjusting it so that it fits well?

If you want to see the script yourself, it is located here:

https://atelierrgss.wordpress.com/rgss3-scene-file-a/

Thank you in advance!

Dark_Metamorphosis

What a horrible night to have a curse.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
If you have knowledge in GIMP or PS you could change the properties of the image yourself so they fit with the new resoloution.

Seems like you have made a custom image for the script right?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ikari

Noir Spiral
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yeah, I have a custom image for my script. I think that it might just be the location/play time image that needs to positioned?

Dark_Metamorphosis

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
Yeah, I have a custom image for my script. I think that it might just be the location/play time image that needs to positioned?

I dont know what you want to do with the image, to me it just feels like the frame is cut off because its supposed to fit with a lower resoloution? The rest of it looks fine to me, or what is it that you find problematic?

Had a second look at it, and yea probably reposition the playtime/location a bit further up, and resize the frame so that it fits with the new resoloution. Also maybe put the history text a bit further down too. Rest looks completely fine in my opinion.

Should be possible to change the position inside the script, but you could use an image program for it too. I would probalbly just do it in a image program. You def need to resize the frame in GIMP or something though.

If you need help with it, you could send me the project file and I can try and align it for you in GIMP.

Ikari

Noir Spiral
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yeah, the issue is, I don't know how exactly to re-position the playtime/location/frame/history text from the script itself. That's what I wanted to do. If there was a line I could be directed to or recommended to change the positioning for the save screen, then it would be less difficult. But, graphics-wise, yes, it is very easy. You can try re-positioning it with GIMP or whatever program of your choice.

The demo for it is attached to my post. You can get it there and check out what the problem I'm talking about is.

View attachment Mog's Loading Screen.rar

Dark_Metamorphosis

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
Did some changes to the script to align everything properly, and edited the size of the images.

You can try out the new demo here where I have aligned it as well as I can for the new resolution. Did some changes inside the script too.

If you think it looks better, Just copy the image files from the new demo here to your own folder, and add the script inside the demo, to your own project.

Sorry for not adressing the script lines the first time around, but they are spread out everywhere inside the script so I would have to post a lot of code in order to direct you to every line to change the position of everything.

View attachment Mog's Loading Screen - Fixed.rar

Ikari

Noir Spiral
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
No worries! You are AWESOME, thank you so much for this!

What lines did you edit to position the save file script (such as the playtime and recording images), just to be sure?

Dark_Metamorphosis

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
No worries! You are AWESOME, thank you so much for this!

What lines did you edit to position the save file script (such as the playtime and recording images), just to be sure?

Glad I could be of help!

As for the lines in question:

For the Playtime I changed the pixels for the image to 640x pixels wide, and then moved the playtime furthest to the right. After that i had to align the digits for the playtime, inside the script (Line can be found in the spoiler).

(Since the script is taking the whole image into account (File image + playtime) It's hard to align it properly in the script, since if you change the x value of the image, either the File image or the playtime will dissapear off-screen. In case you move either of them too far to the right or left). That's why I had to align them in Gimp.

#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  # ● Refresh

line 235: draw_playtime(585, 20, contents.width - 4, 2)

As for the Recording - History image It's find here in the script:

# ● Create_background
  def create_layout
      @background = Plane.new  
      @background.bitmap = Cache.system("Save_Background") 
      @background.z = 1
      @layout_01 = Sprite.new  
      @layout_01.bitmap = Cache.system("Save_Layout01") 
      @layout_01.z = 1      
      @layout_01.blend_type = 1
      image = Cache.system("Save_Layout02")
      @bitmap = Bitmap.new(image.width,image.height)
      cw = image.width 
      ch = image.height / 2
      if @saving
         h = 0
      else  
         h = ch
      end  
      src_rect = Rect.new(0, h, cw, ch)
      @bitmap.blt(0,0, image, src_rect)     
      @layout_02 = Sprite.new  
      @layout_02.bitmap = @bitmap
      @layout_02.z = 3
    Line 409:  @layout_02.y = 435 - Mainly this one to alter the Y value
      image.dispose
  end

Ikari

Noir Spiral
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
OH! I see! So you aligned the graphics in GIMP and then changed layout numbers! Alright, that makes so much sense now.

Thank you for your help, Meta!

Dark_Metamorphosis

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
OH! I see! So you aligned the graphics in GIMP and then changed layout numbers! Alright, that makes so much sense now.

Thank you for your help, Meta!

Yes exactly :)

Position of Recordings/History image, Playtime digits, Actor face, Actors + Lvl text, Location text was all changed in the script. The rest I had to fix in GIMP.

You are very welcome, always glad to help!

Goodluck with your project :D  

Also, sorry for editing my previous post so much, I tend to write small mistakes when I'm a bit tired. Don't forget to mark the thread as solved in case you don't need anything else (In that case you can always ask to open it up again).

Take care!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I started to paint again after it didn't fit my female character. (I really intend to draw women)

I was more focused on female characters than men.

Score Rundown for the demo I'm trying to get done before Halloween, Or around it. Ending is based on your score currently.
Oh goooood, why am putting so many skills into my game AAAAAAAAAAAA!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NeoLightningProductions