BurningOrca

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is "Kaiserschmarrn" also an english word?
I found a site on the internet that gives me a few translations to german sentences having the word "Kaiserschmarrn" in it.
Some of the english sentences also contain the word "Kaiserschmarrn", but some say "sugared pancake" and some say "slices pancake". If it isn't really an english word I guess I will go with "sugared pancake", because that is what leo.org suggests.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Neither sugared nor slices (or sliced?) pancake are common English terms.

When I google the word, I also get Chopped Pancake, Torn Pancake and Shredded Pancake (and none of these are commonly used either).

I would say to go with whatever term best describes that step - sliced, chopped, torn or shredded. None of them will be better known than another, so go for whatever description is most accurate. Sugared pancake omits any reference of it being broken up, and I suspect that is probably the most interesting feature, so I'd stay away from Sugared.

Watching videos on YouTube, it really seems to be more of a tearing action, so if you must translate it, I'd probably suggest Torn Pancakes. But there really is no English term to describe it. Can you not use Kaiserschmarrn and let people look it up?

Darth Equus

I *HATE* Parallax Mapping.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVX
Why not just call it "Kaiser Cake" or "Kaiser Bread"?

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Kaiserschmarrn is called Imperial Omelette.

BurningOrca

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Shaz: Well I guess I can just use the german word, because I guess some terms just don't have translations into other languages. I just hoped it has one.

@fizzly: If I use google picture search to search for "imperial omelette" I see something that differs from what I consider to be "Kaiserschmarrn".

Edit: After I searched for Kaiserschmarrn + Imperial Omelette, it really seems to be the right term.
I still guess I'll go with Kaiserschmarrn as it seems to be known among some english speakers.

Last edited:

Finnuval

World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@fizzly was close it is actually Emperor's Mess if I'm not mistaken xD

It is however such a local dish that going with the original name is prolly best and will have more ppl actually know what it is xD

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@BurningOrca, yes you're right, Kaiserschmarrn is a fluffy omelette fried in pieces, it's a dessert, so it's not exactly a "Imperial Omelette" in english term. I was suggested by polish names/terms, in our country this name is interchangeably for both the dishes, but it's not the same dishes as you mentioned. Looks like @Finnuval found the right name :)

BurningOrca

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@fizzly was close it is actually Emperor's Mess if I'm not mistaken xD

It is however such a local dish that going with the original name is prolly best and will have more ppl actually know what it is xD
Thank you! Google picture search for Emperor's mess gave me exactly the dish I was searching for.
However as you suggested it seems to be best to go with the original name, so I'll do that. Thank you.

Finnuval

World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, I do a lot of my grocery shopping in Germany since I live close to the border and I've seen it translate to English like that once or twice but it's pretty rare to see it translated. Usually its simply Kaiserschmarrn even in shops around here so yeah, that's prolly the best choice xD

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

@BurningOrca In the future General Lounge would be the best place for topics like this. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

While we prepare the official trailer, enjoy this kind-of-second teaser! ^^
-Ele
New Episodes of RPG Shenanigans Uploaded to Youtube!

Episode 5 - Surprise Party!
Youtube Link:
Episode 6 - Killer Gin
Youtube Link:
Episode 7 - Gaia's Melody: Echoed Melodies
(Coming soon!)

Episode 8 - Clarent Saga: Tactics
(Coming soon!)

Episode 9 - Star Shift
(Coming soon!)
When the Map Generator throws in the assets in the most dumbest way possible - your path is blocked :D

I went to sleep at 3 am because of my anxiety. Set up my alarm for 7 am so that I could have sasagues for breakfast and do morning routine before lessons starts at 8 am. I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep even after my lessons finished because I have to visit my grandparents today I was sad bc I was really tired. Thats when I realised. My lesson starts at 9 am. I could get one extra hour of sleep if I didnt forget it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WDRS