Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Planned Game Title : Bleak
Core Aspects : Exploration / Survival / RPG

The Introduction
You accidentally crash-land your single manned Space-craft on a small Alien Planet, which has an abandoned Fuel Station. You quickly hurry along and find a Futuristic Pod House in the inner perimeter of the Abandoned Fuel Station. You have no idea what the Alien Planet is like and how long you will be stranded here for. You grab whatever you find inside the Perimeter of the Fuel Station and Pod House and use the Pod House as a Temporary Shelter for now, Hoping you find a way to leave the Alien Planet soon in the Morning.

The Survival Aspect
Within a few hours, its daylight. You discover that the Alien Planet has a strange Weather Phenomena - A Radioactive Rainfall. Mysteriously, The Part of the Planet where you are at has Radioactive Rainfall only during Daylight hours. This means you are confined to the Pod House during Daytime. Your only hope to survive is by wandering to explore the Planet, Gathering supplies at night by "Raiding" distant Abandoned structures on this Creepy Planet and return back before its Daylight.

The Raiding Element
You spend most of your Time crafting Tools and Devices to establish Contact / Make your Life better inside the Pod House . In the meanwhile, Whenever its night-time, You either decide to rest and recover your energy or raid different regions of the Planet and face Alien Creatures / Gather Supplies / Encounter Mysterious Weather Phenomena. Just to make the Game a whole lot easier, Regardless of whether you establish contact or not, You will be rescued in 10 Days. So the Challenge is surviving 10 Days on the Planet. You unlock 2 New RNG Areas to explore every 2 days, Making your Night-time Raiding Fun and Unique every time you play the Game.

The Raid Maps
These Maps can be entered everyday, But only during the night. You stay in the Raid maps till it turns into Daylight, During which you get transported back to you Pod House, with a message that you either made it back or sustained any Injuries or affected by weather phenomena like Acid burns. The Player is given a choice of raiding 2 Kinds of Maps - Ruined Pod Houses or Landfills with Aliens. So, If you wish to play Safe, You can only raid Pod Houses and play it "Passively", Avoiding Aliens but then, You would also lack Recovery Items and Supplies since most of them would be in Alien infested Landfill Maps, So the game in a way forces you to visit these Alien Landfills at-least once or twice in the entire duration of the Game.

The End Goal
Your End Goal would be to Leave the Planet by establishing Contact and getting rescued. You beat your Hunger, Stay Alive, Battle Aliens. The Game will have a lot of RNG with Risk-Reward mechanics from Gear like Weather Phenomena and Loot Drops in Raid Maps. It takes a couple of tries to make it to Day 10. Overall, The Game focuses on - Survival, Exploration and Battle elements in this specific order.

Inspiration behind the Idea
I drew heavy inspiration from the Game - "This War of Mine". I want to try to combine the "Raid" aspects of it with RPG Maker elements. Although, I don't want it to appear too Serious and Gloomy, Instead I am looking to create a Casual Survival game which can be played for a few Minutes without involving any Math (Stats on Gear) or Difficulty (Odds would be stocked against you dying), Involving RNG elements so you experience a New Game experience every time.

Any Comments / Critique / Ideas / Suggestions are welcome !!!

Last edited:

KILLERTIGER

More than one this should be fun
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i suggest u to make the game longer and add alien pets,rpg battling,searching for people,befriending aliens and story choices.
EDIT: also rpg movement and pod house upgrading and rather than escaping u make your life easier and also probably start technology and soon spaceship to travel to different planets

Last edited:

KILLERTIGER

More than one this should be fun
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
so have u finished making the game or started making it or just thinking about it

Black Pagan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just started Mapping and Working on Database. However, I could use some Suggestions / Ideas that would add more features. I am just looking to make it into some sort of a Mini game which can be played in a few minutes, Lets say something like "Dont Starve".

In-fact i even considered cutting short 10 Days of Survival to just 6 Days of Survival. At this momen, The Characters, Enemies are undecided. I intend to make this a single Character game to keep things very simple. It wouldn't be much of a Survival game if you have to go around managing an entire Team.

I have also considered RNG elements for the Maps, So i might need more maps than the ones i have initially planned. The idea is to simply provide the Player a Unique Survival experience every-time, Including RNG Gear and Weapons and Starter Gear that you find in the Pod House.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Another plugin complete and ready for Wednesday!
Just for the record I have greatly enjoyed the past couple months of using RPG Maker MV - enough that I went ahead and bought MZ although it's going to be a bit before I seriously start a project with that.
I have a pretty reasonable alpha of one game that's got roughly 4 hours of content and some bits and pieces of others after only about 300 hours total time and about 2 1/2 months of owning RPG Maker.....
I completely forgot which forum had the personal blogs for members. :LZSlol: It was probably a forum for the Ace program. I was going to see about posting a blog post, but I'm too tired, and if its associated with Ace, then its a moot point. :LZSlol:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_herefortheplugins