Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Resource Type: Character

Maker Format: MV

Format: based around the already available MV Cat...

description:
-Face Images for both Adult and Kitten
-Battler character for Adult- none required for kitten
-Damage character for kitten, and adult
-Overworld character for adult and kitten.

Kitten should be smaller, mostly white, with her markings being paler than in her adult form, so as to seem realistic to how most Siamese cats begin life.
Adult should be slightly brighter/more prominent in color markings, and eyes should have a small ring of green around the pupils, with the rest of the iris being ice blue.
Damage character for the kitten should be a bit bloodied/injured, as this will pertain to how the player first meets said cat.

Reference image for Kitten:

reference image for Adult:

Thank you!

Sevarihk

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I did make a face for a classic darker shaded siam cat.

You can edit it from brown to red if you like, if that helps you at all...

artoni

Writer, Editor
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Cat is recolored from whtdragon.
Kitten recolored from Avery.
<--snip--> Removed by Moderator, see post below.

I believe Avery also has a SV cat battler. That could probably be recolored as well; so long as it's for personal usage, I believe she allows it. I'd still make sure to credit her nonetheless.

Last edited by a moderator:

JaeJaeCee

Emerald Phoenix
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Cat is recolored from whtdragon.
Kitten recolored from Avery.
View attachment 106395

I believe Avery also has a SV cat battler. That could probably be recolored as well; so long as it's for personal usage, I believe she allows it. I'd still make sure to credit her nonetheless.
The reason I asked for resources is because I myself can’t edit images- I’m no good at digital art, and my computer ruined the images the last time that I tried to do it myself- it auto-whited the backgrounds without my knowledge and the sprites ended up having their own little pirta-background.

artoni

Writer, Editor
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, I'm willing to give it a try as long as you don't mind it being just that - a recolor. I'm no good at anything else. :kaoswt:

JaeJaeCee

Emerald Phoenix
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, I'm willing to give it a try as long as you don't mind it being just that - a recolor. I'm no good at anything else. :kaoswt:
It’d be a great help- would ypu be willing to do the face image as well? I don’t mind if its just a recolor/redesign of the face that comes with MV, but I’m afraid to do it myself.

edit 1-
I tried to put the sprites to use, and add them in, but the picture isn't quite the same as others- The computer tries to use a sliver of the set instead... I think the issue is that there aren't any blank spaces- since its a character sheet of 2, there would normally be 6 blank spots. But when I tried to put the needed space in myself, and resize by pixels according to other pictures (so that it would be the right size to use), it "auto-incorrected" to a size that I think would be too small.
If I try to click and use the kitten sprites as it is, I basically get the four in the top left corner, instead of the whole kitten sprite. HELP!

Last edited:

artoni

Writer, Editor
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That one's a little out of my skillset, unfortunately; not sure I could do Sevarihk's, either. But I'll see what I can do for you on the battler; I'll probably have something by the end of tomorrow.

Sevarihk

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I just went ahead and changed the colour of the face a bit to save you some time. Since I still have the original version of the file, its much easier for me to do it.

Hope that version comes closer to what you had in mind, let me know if there is something else you need altered on it.

artoni

Writer, Editor
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If nothing else, I can do the eyes on that. :Dkatze_siam_creame.png
Teamwork makes the dream work!

WIP of the battler; let me know if the colors are off.

<--snip--> Removed by Moderator, see post below.

Last edited by a moderator:

JaeJaeCee

Emerald Phoenix
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just went ahead and changed the colour of the face a bit to save you some time. Since I still have the original version of the file, its much easier for me to do it.

Hope that version comes closer to what you had in mind, let me know if here is something else you need altered on it.
I was hoping for something closer to what is pre-available in MV. What I need is essentially a recolor of that, with the designs that I listed above- flamepoint coloring, with blue eyes that have a greener ring around the pupil in the eyes. I essentially need a kitten version with paler coloring and no green ring, while the adult's coloration is more intense.

edit 1
The battler looks good so far, thank you!
I'm sorry if I seem frustrated or if I am being to particular- I'm easily frustrated, and this is a character that I intend to have a lot throughout the storyline. This game is essentially a playable rewrite of a short story I wrote for a college class a year or two ago.

edit 2
upload_2019-1-5_22-56-4.png
And this is what I am referring to about the size error

Last edited:

artoni

Writer, Editor
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Short version; Break it up in to two character sets, add $ in front of each filename. I'll do it for you when I finish the battler if you can't.

Long version/explanation: RPGMaker, by default, thinks each charset is a set of 8; it'll autosize sprites based on this. If you add $ to the front, it understands it's a single character's sprite.

JaeJaeCee

Emerald Phoenix
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Short version; Break it up in to two character sets, add $ in front of each filename. I'll do it for you when I finish the battler if you can't.

Long version/explanation: RPGMaker, by default, thinks each charset is a set of 8; it'll autosize sprites based on this. If you add $ to the front, it understands it's a single character's sprite.
Could you do it? I’m afraid of messing it up :(

edit1
I tried to do it, but it gave it a white background.

Last edited:

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@artoni Avery's terms express forbid posting of edits of her resources. As you have gone off site, I have removed them from your posts. As the recoloured kitten was part of the same image as the recoloured cat by whtdragon, you will need to re-upload an image with just the cat.

artoni

Writer, Editor
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Kes Ah, shoot! I totally misread her rules, then. Thank you so much for catching that! I'll go ahead and touch base with her really quick to confirm something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Can the Eternal Dreamers finish off the final boss? We'll see!
Fekken kill me. I unknowingly swapped out two important events's codes and saved the game to test it. I'm just doing this for fun and the fun has now been replaced with excruciating torture.
Is this how game developers feel all the time?

EDIT:
WAIT HOLY S***
MY LAST POST ASKING FOR HELP ON AN EVENT ACTUALLY SAVED IT
OH MY GOD
Coffee + Silk Coconut Milk + Splenda Zero = Not ..... awful :/ .
I was making a cutscene where Hero's dad got killed by the dragon but when he lose its say game over and send you to the tittle screen. How can remove game over for that cutscene
My new RPG Maker music pack, Emotional: Redemption, is now in progress and will be coming to RPG Maker soon. It is an album that focuses on emotional themes including the darker forms of sorrow and despair. Below is a demo of a composition from the album.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charles2020