vidvi

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
After months of work in my spare time (and some very positive feedback on the Indie Game Developers Facebook Page), I'm proud to present my RPG Music Pack! The goal of this pack was to capture the style of old JRPGs that I grew up with, while also modernizing the sound. You can download the FREE loops off my website, and use them in your games. Tweet me if you do! @davidvitas.

RPG Music Pack - Loops Download
SoundCloud - Listening Link
Bandcamp - Listening Link

The listening links don't loop, so you'll have to download the loop-able files if you want to use them in your game.

I'm glad to give back to the gaming community. Let me know what you think of the pack. I'm also available for commissions! Email me.
Pack Usage License: CC-BY.

Last edited by a moderator:

Amane Kagari

I am therefore I was. Therefore I am not.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This is great. I think it's one of the best free music that I've stumbled across. Well done!  :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Pretty nice, just wish they were already looping .ogg, since .wav don't works on my media player rpg maker mv.

Well it's probably time I get a software to convert and loop .ogg.

vidvi

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Pretty nice, just wish they were already looping .ogg, since .wav don't works on my media player rpg maker mv.

Well it's probably time I get a software to convert and loop .ogg.

Sorry about that! I wanted to deliver in an uncompressed format so devs could convert them to whatever they wished. I'll keep that in mind if I ever release some more packs.

Goldschuss

A.K.A. Lye
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@vidvi

It's always nice to see free music and I'm sure many appreciate the work you put into it.

Some pieces are really fitting, especially the overworld theme, my favorite amongst them, is the evil gloating though, really fits the name.

Now if you allow, I also have to add some negative points.

You like making calm songs, no? The battle theme for example, doesn't really strike out as one. (it sounds more like a modern city trip :D)

Try going a bit wilder on those and add some E-guitars to the mix.

Same goes for the boss battle theme: The base is a good idea, but it needs to be faster and especially needs to have MOAR GUITARS! :D

Dark_Metamorphosis

What a horrible night to have a curse.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
This is really great! The sound is a bit different from what I use in my project, but I'm sure I could fit some of the tunes in there. Splendid work nevertheless!

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Sorry about that! I wanted to deliver in an uncompressed format so devs could convert them to whatever they wished. I'll keep that in mind if I ever release some more packs.

Don't worry, it was just me being lazy. 

Allusion

♕ The Girl Who Lived (for chocolate) ♛
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
These are some great tracks, Vidvi! I can't use them in my current projects, but I will definately keep an eye out for any future releases from you~

My favorite is the title screen theme; I was instantly reminded of something along the lines of Zelda or the earlier installments of the Tales series. :)

Looking forward to hearing more! 

vidvi

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@vidvi

It's always nice to see free music and I'm sure many appreciate the work you put into it.

Some pieces are really fitting, especially the overworld theme, my favorite amongst them, is the evil gloating though, really fits the name.

Now if you allow, I also have to add some negative points.

You like making calm songs, no? The battle theme for example, doesn't really strike out as one. (it sounds more like a modern city trip :D)

Try going a bit wilder on those and add some E-guitars to the mix.

Same goes for the boss battle theme: The base is a good idea, but it needs to be faster and especially needs to have MOAR GUITARS! :D

Feedback is always welcome! Yeah I feel like I'm more used to creating calmer stuff. I do like how the battle themes turned out, but they don't sound very action oriented do they ahaha. I was channeling Chrono Trigger for those themes (I think?).

This is really great! The sound is a bit different from what I use in my project, but I'm sure I could fit some of the tunes in there. Splendid work nevertheless!

Thank you! Enjoy :).

These are some great tracks, Vidvi! I can't use them in my current projects, but I will definately keep an eye out for any future releases from you~

My favorite is the title screen theme; I was instantly reminded of something along the lines of Zelda or the earlier installments of the Tales series. :)

Looking forward to hearing more! 

Thanks a lot! I grew up with a lot of those games, so I'm always inspired by them.

MoonCode

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
After months of work in my spare time (and some very positive feedback on the Indie Game Developers Facebook Page), I'm proud to present my RPG Music Pack! The goal of this pack was to capture the style of old JRPGs that I grew up with, while also modernizing the sound. You can download the FREE loops off my website, and use them in your games. Tweet me if you do! @davidvitas.

RPG Music Pack - Loops Download
SoundCloud - Listening Link
Bandcamp - Listening Link

The listening links don't loop, so you'll have to download the loop-able files if you want to use them in your game.

I'm glad to give back to the gaming community. Let me know what you think of the pack. I'm also available for commissions! Email me.
Pack Usage License: CC-BY.

Amazing work! Love it. =) Realy kind of you to have Royalty Free License. If I ever make a game I think I will use some of your music =)

Henryetha

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
I really like the title screen and evil gloating!

I gotta agree on the battle themes being abit too calm. The boss battle theme I can imagine well tho as a map bgm where the boss battle will start ^^

Seacliff

RPG Maker Mastermind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Yes
Primarily Uses
RM2k
This is good quality music, and people sometimes say my standard for music is quite high.

And IMO, I don't think the battle song is consider slow necessarily, at least compared to the other songs. If an entire game's soundtrack was made out of these 10 tracks, then the tone would stay pretty consistent and I think it would work well.

I'm legitimately interested in seeing what you come up with in the future, keep up with the good work!

Frogboy

I'm not weak to fire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Very nice work.

NPC

Auteurist in this world
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Adds to list of people to definitely commission in the future.

vidvi

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks everyone! I love listening to this type of music, so actually making it has been a pretty wonderful experience.

Diretooth

Lv. 25 Werewolf
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This music is pretty good.

SolonWise

The Lonely Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow, these are pretty good songs. I will use it in my project for sure. Thanks a lot, David!

Mystic_Enigma

A scattered memory, hoping to be recalled...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There's always a desire for new music. :kaojoy:Thanks for showing this!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

ScreenShot_11_27_2022_10_0_8.png
finally finished all the sprites for my friend's Comic book OC that I put in my game.
1669612924226.png
Added collectible trading cards to my current game, bio-Synthetica.
I plan to have a total of 20 different BATTLE-bot cards you can find & collect.
100 likes.jpg

I reached 100 followers on my new twitter! It's not much but it's honest work

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseribbon