Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D aka "Staf00"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No. 1660 Super, or go straight to 2060. The price you pay for 1660Ti is not worth the performance against 1660 Super unless the Ti one is on sale and has the same price or lower than Super.
Umm... isn't it only a $10-20 difference? Look, a quick Google search yielded a 1660Ti for $226.34! (w/o tax)

If I could do it again though, I'd just go straight to an RTX 2060. I bought my 1660Ti when I built this PC, but now I wish I had ray-tracing lol. Oh wells, looking forward to saving up for an RTX 3070 I guess.

JamesRyan

Game Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Umm... isn't it only a $10-20 difference? Look, a quick Google search yielded a 1660Ti for $226.34! (w/o tax)

If I could do it again though, I'd just go straight to an RTX 2060. I bought my 1660Ti when I built this PC, but now I wish I had ray-tracing lol. Oh wells, looking forward to saving up for an RTX 3070 I guess.
Maybe in your country, the difference is not much. But in mine, it is not that just 10 to 20 dollars. It is about 30 to 40 dollars, and that is not "only a small amount" for us with our standard income. You know here in my country, even with 10 dollars, we can be full in two days. That's why I always consider picking the Super, because I do not want to spend 30 dollars more just to have 5 to 8 more FPS.

However, if you are aiming for RTX 3070, you better save as soon as possible and buy it as fast as possible. The stock won't last long. Asus TUF RTX 3070 might be the best bang for the buck as my prediction based on the TUF 3080.

Pootscooter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Mandarin
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I got my GTX 1660Ti for ~$240 total over half a year ago. It would be asinine to pay just as much for an inferior product (1660 Super)... If it's so expensive in your country, why don't you buy it elsewhere and have it shipped?

JamesRyan

Game Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I got my GTX 1660Ti for ~$240 total over half a year ago. It would be asinine to pay just as much for an inferior product (1660 Super)... If it's so expensive in your country, why don't you buy it elsewhere and have it shipped?
That's a good way, but high risk. CPU and RAM can be done without problems, but I won't do that again with mobo and GPU. I once got an RX 580 from my cousin in Australia (tested directly by him and confirmed that it worked), and it was dead when I got it.

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
When I purchased the 1660 Super in July, the 1660 TI was $20-30 more expensive, so about $280-290 or so, as I recall. The benchmarks show that it's really not worth spending more money for some extra FPS, especially how I don't play that many AAA titles anyway.

Also, I can run PS2 and PS3 emulator fine, but get some slowdowns with Dolphin and NES not running as smooth as I thought. Not sure what the issue is since I haven't been testing them much recently. But surely all the settings were right.

Oh, and I just got another application blocked from accessing graphic card message. Was just watching a Yahoo video on Chrome. Nothing else seemed wrong after that, though. Haven't seen this message since 2 months ago. Strange that this happens randomly, but at least it's not a big problem yet. XP

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

A friend requested me to do a pfp for his twitch channel, so far he approved one of my sketches, so going to digital now. The style he's looking for is quite different from my usual, hopefully I can get it right... :kaoback:
I am so hyped! A new post update and im anxious to see reactions..eeeeeeee
When a youtuber plays your project or game made by you using MAKERs, you will just be awe struck
Ok... so working on the official game guide for my game and its more than 150 pages...... wow. Well, I hope it will help a few players out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArchaicStone565