Need help coming up with a plot

derge12

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I been sitting here for the past few weeks trying to write my rpg story but not Im having a writers block and need some help.

The story starts at the end where the hero and four maidens have just defeated the demon king but the demon king pulls a fast one on them and opens a time portal and tries to teleport's himself into the past to kill the hero when he was a baby but makes a mistake while casting and is send to the future instead.The demon king soon finds himself without his powers and is stuck in a young boys body and that the Hero has gone mad with power and has crowned himself as emperor and is ruling with an iron fist.

From here my original plan was to make the Demon king have a change of heart but I cant figure out why he would turn good.

Can someone give me ideas where to go with this story?

Pammercakes

Spacedust
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Maybe he doesn't "turn good" right away. Maybe make his motivation jealousy to begin with.

He sets out to the claim the mad hero's power for himself and along the way he meets good people who lend him a hand when he is struggling in his new body, with no powers. Then he slowly learns how to be good, eventually actually becoming good and wanting to defeat the mad hero to help the people who helped him.

AsuranFish

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Although the Demon King was ultimately an evil presence, he ruled through a system of justice. All evil/suffering that fell upon the people under the Demon King was, in a sense, just. Under Emperor Hero, it's just oppression, corruption, abuse of power.

Perhaps along the way, the Demon King discovers that Justice has a much broader scope than he had realized/practiced under his rule.

Kristina

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Danish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Pammercakes idea is really good...I would play a game like that.

mephet

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A slight variation of @Pammercakes 's idea: perhaps, if the hero were to find out about the demon king's presence early on, the demon king would have to defend and hide himself. It would be first a fight for survival for him; then, over time, experiencing what it's like to be oppressed and hunted and spending time with others suffering from the hero's rule, he begins to empathise with the oppressed and starts to have better ideals about how a kingdom should be ruled.

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Maybe the original hero got HIV and died, and the current one is simply a corrupted copy. The four maidens are actually the one ruling and controlling the puppet behind the scene. Demon King somehow has a change of heart, because even evil has standards trope, and now wants to liberate the kingdom.

*Sort of MMZ intensifies*

derge12

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Maybe the original hero got HIV and died, and the current one is simply a corrupted copy. The four maidens are actually the one ruling and controlling the puppet behind the scene. Demon King somehow has a change of heart, because even evil has standards trope, and now wants to liberate the kingdom.

*Sort of MMZ intensifies*

That puppet part sounds good.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

I've moved this thread to Game Ideas and Prototypes. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

SF_People1_3 added!
index.php

I haven't been on here in forever wow(missed my forum birthday T-T). Anyways, I'm dabbling in BGMs, here's something I'm actually willing to share.

Binge-watched 6 episodes of the Erased anime... And that means I've watched half of it?! Sigh...
I'm bad at base-building games (looking at other players created an aesthetically beautiful base compared to me), but IDK why I keep playing the game and seek more of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidusa121