stickyka

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello! I appreciate any help I can get on this.

The problem: Yanfly's Item Core (still a free plugin, find it here Yanfly's Item Core for MV ) allows the creator to limit the number of stacks of items in the inventory as well as several other functions. However, it does not differentiate between key items and regular items.

In my game, I want the player to value inventory space as a resource before going out on an adventure. They would need to decide how many heal potions they may want to take, for example. But each of those potions means they have less room to bring along other items. So, if the max item limit is set to 12 and they take 4 heal potions, 3 pickaxes, and 5 ropes, they cannot bring anything else along. No mana potions, no TP potions, etc.

Since the plugin doesn't differentiate between key items and regular items, this means that quest-centric items count as part of the inventory economy. A fishing journal, quest letter, compass, all count as part of the 12 items. This, of course, will become more problematic as the player accrues more key items.

I was able to find one thread on the message boards here that addressed the problem, but it did not have a solution to the problem. reference thread I also tried finding somewhere in the plugin where I could insert a conditional itypeId != 2 (the property for key items, as I understand it), but wasn't able to edit the code successfully.

Last edited:

Maliki79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Here you go!

Mal_ItemCoreEx_KeyItems

Instructions:
Place this plugin DIRECTLY under the Item Core one.
Then just tag your key items' notes in the database with <keyItem>.
They will never count towards to total allowable items in inventory.
Also, you will be able to purchase them from the shop even if you have reached your item limit.
(Should work with items, weapons and Armors.)

stickyka

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This works great! TYVM Maliki! May I ask what your terms for using this is? And would you like an invite to the game dev discord for this project?

Maliki79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Just a mention in your game's credits will do.
An invite would be cool, thx.
Glad it worked ok.
:)

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

My plan after learning to make my voice girly "Wow! You sounds cute!" "But actually I'm a man!" "Nooooo!!!" hehehe...
I get haunted from bugs that emit a terrible stench after being killed.
At first, I was going to put player objectives on the screen labeling it as "Helpful voices"... But that's dumb, I have a madness system. It will simply whisper objectives.... I mean they're probably objectives. The voices wouldn't lie right? They're friendly, and ...helpful. So clearly you should do what they say. Just watch the dark corners of your screen for advice and it will all work out! :LZSexcite:
Take care of your immune system: Go to sleep. If you looked at the clock an hour ago or four and it was way late then maybe now is the time. Mmm sleep...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyfox585