Famon0914

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi everyone,

It's me, again, with yet another request for help with MV lol. So, anyhoo, I've run a deployment of my game, and whenever I get into a battle and when an enemy attacks, I randomly get this Loading Error - Failed to load: img/animations/Holw.png. (See attached screengrabs).

It does not do this during a run in the engine, and I have checked the source files, and the animation is in there. As far as I know, I am not actually using this in any animation, at least not the animations I have set up myself.

I have also searched for this error, and while I have located a few results, nothing has worked yet that I have tried. Maybe I'm just dense, though. Any help, as always, would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I might ask you exactly what you're talking about.

Attachments

• howl_anim.png
    howl_anim.png
    275 KB · Views: 14
  • load_img_error_zoom.png
    load_img_error_zoom.png
    561.7 KB · Views: 14

ct_bolt

Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Javascript
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi everyone,

It's me, again, with yet another request for help with MV lol. So, anyhoo, I've run a deployment of my game, and whenever I get into a battle and when an enemy attacks, I randomly get this Loading Error - Failed to load: img/animations/Holw.png. (See attached screengrabs).

It does not do this during a run in the engine, and I have checked the source files, and the animation is in there. As far as I know, I am not actually using this in any animation, at least not the animations I have set up myself.

I have also searched for this error, and while I have located a few results, nothing has worked yet that I have tried. Maybe I'm just dense, though. Any help, as always, would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I might ask you exactly what you're talking about.
Typo... you have the file named howl but the system is attempting to load an image by the name of "holw"

Edit: nevermind that was just what you typed... I looked at the screenshot and it is indeed the correct filename

Showsni

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English (UK)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I notice "OneDrive" in your filepath there - is your project actually stored in One Drive? That can cause issues for RPG Maker, as it can try to sync online whilst you're working on things and end up causing problems with the database. It's better to keep it wholly on your PC.

ct_bolt

Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Javascript
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I notice "OneDrive" in your filepath there - is your project actually stored in One Drive? That can cause issues for RPG Maker, as it can try to sync online whilst you're working on things and end up causing problems with the database. It's better to keep it wholly on your PC.
I was just about to mention the same thing

Do any of your other animation files display as they should?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1) as said above, don't work on your project while it is inside a cloudsync'ed folder (Onedrive in your case) as that can destroy every file you have there. But that has nothing to do with your current problem.

2) the failed to load error can happen if either the file or the folderpath breaks the networking rules.
And your folderpath is not completely visible in your screenshot - if one of the folders above "brdlg" contains a space or something similar, that can be the cause.
Just make sure the new location (when moving outside the Onedrive) is a correct one.

3) Capitalisation
Windows has the unfortunate problem of displaying all filenames with capital first letters even if they do not have them, and to load the wrong file when a Capitalisation error is detected.
howl.png and Howl.png are two different files, because the letters h and H are different for a computer. And contrary to windows settings, browsers (like the one running the playtest) do not load the file with the wrong capitalisation but display a failed to load if they happen on a case where the windows display funcion is hiding the difference.

In your case, the file is expected with a H - I suggest manually renaming it with a H just in case that Windows has mixed up the display of the filename.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Windows has the unfortunate problem of displaying all filenames with capital first letters even if they do not have them
Really? Is this a localization thing? I've never experienced it on any of my computers with U.S. English Windows - I always see plenty of files that start with lower case letters.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ATT_Turan it might be a setting or different between the different Windows versions (sometimes Microsoft can learn).
I have encountered it a lot of times, especially years ago - but since I always made sure to handle things correctly with my own files I don't know if the problem might have changed in the latest few windows versions.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Hi sweethearts! :kaoluv: Check out my review of @EntangledPear's totally oldskool The Stuff Fairy Tales Are Made Of!
When you spend all day at work distracted by things you want to work on or try in your project and then by the time you get home, you are too mentally tired to concentrate so you just browse the forum instead and think of more things you won’t get to work on for a while.
Time to write some enemy behaviors, here's the stream link for those interested.

Call of duty 1&2 had an interesting cheat prevention method. Between levels the game unloads and reloads the engine dll. If you ever employ this method, make sure to include at least an md5 hash check. Otherwise I can just edit that dll and implant cheats into it.
Hi-Fi Rush is one of the coolest games I've seen in a while. I don't have a way to play it so I watched a friend and wow... I really wish I had a powerful enough computer for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolcode