NEED HELP LEARNING HOW TO MAKE CUSTOM SV BATTLERS! IVE GOT MY ART

Discussion in 'Resource Support' started by filmlosophers, Feb 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. filmlosophers

filmlosophers Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    So as the title suggest i need help importing/formatting etc. my sv actor art into my game. i thought the process was going to be a lot simpler but i was mistaken. what iv done is download vibrato actors and im coloring over them trying to make them unique. ive done it in paint. now the transparency is gone. on top of that the size is wrong because when i assign an sv battler graphic to actor it doesnt fit right. the first actor pose is the one i edited. i dont know what im doing. i just want to know how i can transfer custom art into my game as an actor battler. im still pretty new to this. ive tried looking for videos online but there isnt any. ive seen games where people have achieved this so any ideas?

it doesnt fit $Gunman_1.png

2. mlogan

mlogan Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

I've moved this thread to Resource Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Don't use Paint. It cannot save/export a transparent background. Use Paint.net, Gimp, Photoshop or some other program that supports transparency.

Also, if you are trying to use these in MV as a sideview battler sheet, there is a template available here of you to use for correct placement. If you are not using MV you need to state what program you are using.

3. filmlosophers

filmlosophers Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    thanks for the fast reply. i am using mv. sorry i forgot to mention. i have gimp nut wasnt even thinking, also i see the templates but not for the sv battlers

4. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Those sprites are not the right format for the MV battle system. Wrong poses. If you want to use them, you will also need a plugin that will handle them, because they won't work even if you do get them in the right format. What are "vibrato" actors? Are they ripped from a game? I'm guessing if you don't know how to add a transparent background, then you didn't make them yourself.

Also, don't use all-caps. It's like you're yelling at all of us.

5. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Vibrato is an artist, not a game, so these are not ripped.

6. Pine Towers

Pine Towers Knight Hospitaller Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Shaz , he's talking about Vibrato. About the question, the template is this one, so you need to adjust accordingly, but I think yours have more than 3 frames per animation, so you'll need a plugin to work this around. Good luck.