Frolick

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I simply can't find a solution to this. The monster (the Minotaur) will take two steps, but he doesn't stop. I want him to move ONLY after the player takes two steps. And in return, the Minotaur also takes two steps while APPROACHING the player. If anyone has an answer on how I should go about making events to get this mechanic going, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Engine I'm using is RPG MV. I found the steps variable, but have no idea how to apply it to the player. The Minotaur has a specific set movement route like this.
1660087763854.png

I tried to apply the following to the Player.
1660087843715.png 1660087867346.png

The Player, however, can move freely even after more than two steps.

If you guys need anymore information from me, let me know ASAP! Thanks!!

TheAM-Dol

Randomly Generated User Name
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well first things first, the way parallel events run is infinitely. They don't just execute once and disappear, but instead loop ad infinitum, so it's better to use conditionals to set when the the movement occurs, or use commands like "erase event" (probably not the best choice for this situation) or "exit event processing". Both of these commands will end the parallel event.

You can set up conditionals either based on the character's facing direction, variables, or if a specific key is pressed.
For this instance, maybe the better solution would be to set up a controller on the monster as a parallel.
Try this: Using loops, labels and "jump to label" commands you can create a behavior. I'm not sure if this is the most efficient way, since there is a lot of checking what key the player is pressing :LZSskeptic: So maybe you can think of a better way to simplify this. Maybe figure out how to store if the player is moving into a variable and then just check whether that variable is on or off (1 or 0).
MovementController.PNG
Please note the wait 10 frames in the Wait loop. This is simply to optimize it. This is not a script that *NEEDS* to be checked every single frame, so setting a short wait at the end makes the script more efficient. I would tune this wait up or down as needed. If there is strange behavior with the monster, try adjusting the wait.

Reactions: Bex

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Sometimes I wonder why I still try and recruit others to help with my games. It never works.
ScreenShot_10_3_2022_4_27_17.png
welp, thanks to Luna MV, I was able to add the Balloon as a window... thus allowing me to edit the font color and outline... so now it looks like comic bubbles above characters. I have NO idea why I couldn't get this to work through more conventional means, but here we are.
CUTE CUTE CUTE.gif
I cannot cease doing cute art
War and Wonder is a 100% choice-based open-world visual novel.
1664821313732.png
1664821466359.png
1664821547746.png
Going live soon on Twitch, and will continue Fortunastreet's game "Verloren". For those who are curious, you are welcome to join ;)

-> Franz' Twitch channel

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Syczewski