Need help moving MV from laptop to PC

Pixie_Virus

I may be a spy...
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I purchased MV a while ago directly from the site and, have since, obtained a PC. I would like to transfer the software, but am unversed in such processes. I've read several things about a Steam key and am not sure where to go about finding that. I've rifled through my emails, and finding nothing, must now ask for a little help. Thanks in advance!

magnaangemon01

Miles Montgomery
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
If you have it on Steam, you should just be able to download it from there straight to your PC.

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I think the key for activating the non steam version if the same as the key you would use to activate it on steam, just do that and then download via steam?
Note: I could be wrong :p

Quexp

Lifelong Learner
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I had gotten a new computer since first purchasing RPG Maker MV. I just installed it on the new computer with the key in my RPG Maker Web account.

Pixie_Virus

I may be a spy...
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I had gotten a new computer since first purchasing RPG Maker MV. I just installed it on the new computer with the key in my RPG Maker Web account.
Would that be the license number that came with the order?

Quexp

Lifelong Learner
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Would that be the license number that came with the order?
Yep! Go to "Your Account" from the RPG Maker home page and select the order with your MV purchase.
There should be a license code between your order total and downloads.
Re-download the software if needed and then you can paste that code in to activate it.

Xane

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
(US) English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Also to add to this, In some instances if there isn't a code to be found in the download section, the order number (usually starts with an R) is the key. If MV came with a steam code key then the Steam key is also the products key for the non-steam version.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
--- Currency ---

Hero: This city cannot accept Gold to buy the items.
Merchant: You can exchange Gold into TC,depending the rate of TC this time.
Hero: Really? Then,i want to exchange 999999999G.
Merchant: Let's see……Wait a second,are you Cheating again?
Hero: Hell No!!! I earn it with myself!!!
There's always a time when you're super excited to create something but you already have no energy left. :I
I think of all the effects in my game, the light passing through fog has got to be my favorite....

...Also I spent all day trying to figure out how I had suddenly messed it up and made it start dropping frames like crazy. So I had all day to look at it... mocking me... with it's previous 60fps reduced to 30fps... At least it's fixed now.
Dalph wrote on slimmmeiske2's profile.
Slimmm, we should team one day and make "Reid in Wonderland" or "Aluxes in boots".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big_Boss