need help on money related events

SunlightSquad

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there a way to make a event happen once you paid enough money to a certain person? As an example let's say we have this merchant who sells wares. He only sells the same things but once you buy 1000 of his items from him or you've bought 10000G worth of items he adds a new item to his shop or opens a secret passage to his secret shop.

Black Pagan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not really sure about that but i could suggest an alternative - You could assign Variables lets say from 1 to 5 and make a different Shop Processing event for each Control Variable. You could trigger the Variables depending on Conditional Branches like Switches that are active based on number of Items in Player inventory or Player Gold or Game Time etc.

Kuro DCupu

Trust me, I'm a veteran RMer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Bahasa
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This example basically check your current gold BEFORE shopping to be substracted by your gold AFTER shopping. The surplus will then be accumulated inside "Secret Unlock" variable.
1591426571245.png
Note that it only works if the type of shop is "purchase only", so you won't be able to sell things and confuse the variable check.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Yo Ho Ho... Time flies when you are having rum...

I'm rewatching Glee, just watched grilled cheesus.
Now I'm not sure if I'm hungry or I want to cry.
I just completed Ara Fell - completing the game unlocks an Epilogue. An interesting thing to possibly consider for my games.
I decided to try to make a mucha-styled artwork, and by now I've sunk more time in studies and sketches than I usually do in the whole thing. Fingers crossed it's worth it!
Since we have a lot of new faces, please be sure to read the forum rules under the Help tab at the top. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeoWolf