Sagi007

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
nederlands
Primarily Uses
Lately ive bin wokring on a plugin. Got it even to a point where i can say it does everything i want it to be able too.

if not for one thing.

Ingame changes made cant be rememberd after you shutdown the game.

Ive got my variables from the plugin:

var Enabled1 = parameters['Enabled 1'];

var Enabled2 = parameters['Enabled 2'];

var Enabled3 = parameters['Enabled 3'];

In the plugin ive set Enabled1 to true, 2 to false and 3 to true.

Now at some point i will want to set Enabled2 to true by using PluginCommands:

if(command == 'Act2')

{

Enabled2 = true

}

But when i restart the game is has forgotten that Enabled2 was set to true.

Supposedly i can change that with Game_System.

Just dont know how. Can someone tell me.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Please use meaningful thread titles - something that refers in some way to the question you are about to ask.

brinsleylogic

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When people say to use $gameSystem, I find it to be very messy, but it is a lot quicker/easier. Basically, when you save your game, every variable that has been assign to the $gameSystem object gets saved too. So if you do somehting like:

$gameSystem.MY_PLUGIN = {};$gameSystem.MY_PLUGIN.Enabled1 = Enabled1// etc...for example, then when the game saves, it'll keep the MY_PLUGIN object in the save file data. Then when the game loads up you can just read the values you need.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

oh, hey, I forgot about all this!

my old project got abandoned after I started working too much on stuff I'd already worked on - plus, starting to hate the story I wrote for it. Then, well, a lot of serious life **** went down. I ended up moving across the country, cutting off some people, etc. - **** was rough.

So, uh, I guess I'm back for now? Funny how things work.
I'm glad I'm sticking to my guns on having fighting game mechanics in my game, from what I've read, it's not for everyone. but for the most part, I've made it so you don't have to use them motion inputs for attacks if you don't want to.
And my project's just entered the Lunar New Year Sale 2022... Let's see if it reaches it's goal of $ 7,77.
Ohmygoodness I played Dicey Dungeons for the first time last night. Gave me SO MANY IDEAS for how to fix Heidi.
d757 going live today

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RuerXIII