Need Help (Parallaxing Issue)

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by IAmVianca, Aug 14, 2018.

1. IAmVianca

IAmVianca Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    As the title of this post states, I need help with a parallaxing issue.
    I have successfully made several parallax maps before but this is the first that I came across this problem.

So, I am on 1.6.1 of MV, using the following Plugins:
    https://imgur.com/9rsnuWL

And, whenever I test the map in the game, it doesn't load the overlays (the par, the shadow, and the light layers in the case of the plugin I'm using) properly so it looks weird:

https://imgur.com/kbLmRoQ

Now, I made the parallax/overlay layers on photoshop. The same goes for the light and shadow layers. The dimensions are the same as the ground layer which is taken using OrangeMapShot and, therefore, should be of the correct proportions.

I am at a lost on how to fix this problem as I have tried adding almost invisible borders on the parallax images to no avail. So, if anyone has any solution to this, your help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

2. Knayter

Knayter *teleport behind you* Nothing personal kid Veteran

First Language:
    Viet Nam
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hmm, this seem to be a hard case, I assum that the ground layer are created by the map editor and not a parallax right? Right now all I can think of is that it's a compabilty issue with 1.6.1 MV or any other plugins. Also have you tried walking around on the map and see how all the layers move yet?

3. IAmVianca

First Language:
    English
    The map is an image I have as a parallax but am using in the show editor thing found at the map properties.
    I have also tried walking around and it loops the overlay images (par, light, shadow).
    Also I noticed that if I walked to the left a few paces, it aligns somewhat correctly.

If it is a compatibility issue, then why just this map? Because I have others and it's the only one having problems (map size is 20x25 on MV). This is such a head-scratcher. Haha...this is giving me a headache as I have been trying to fix it for the past few hours...

4. Wavelength

Wavelength Pre-Merge Boot Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I don't know the answer to this, but I'd recommend making a quick check on the Map Properties of this map compared to your other maps, particularly the "Loop Horizontal/Vertical" properties, which sometimes do weird things to Parallax Scripts.

One other thing I'd recommend trying is disabling both of Victor's scripts, saving, and trying one more time. I've found a few bugs in his movement scripts in the past, and it's at least in the realm of possibility (albeit not super-likely) that a movement script (or the core controlling it) could affect the way that parallaxes are displayed.

5. Knayter

First Language:
    Viet Nam
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    try to add an "!" to your parallax file (the one you use in map properties), for example, if your parallax file is abcxyz, then it will be !abcxyz

6. IAmVianca

First Language:
    English
    That was the first few things I did trying to troubleshoot this.

Tried that too, but all it did is give me an error when I launched the game and went to that map about the image missing.

7. Knayter

First Language:
    Viet Nam
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    you need to change the parallax again on the map properties since you change the file name

8. IAmVianca

First Language:
    English
    I did that too.