Need help picking the right rpgmaker engine for a game (calling all rpgmaker users)

Discussion in 'Useful Development Tools' started by Stroke9, Jul 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stroke9

Stroke9 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Hi, my name is cory (don't call me cory) and i am making a fan game of super brothers: swords and sworcery (its on steam, go get it!)

and me and my team are looking at the rpg maker games because of its finacial benefits and pixel art. Anyway,i need to see which version can handel the theme im going for in the game here is a pic of super bros http://img.stpcdn.net/screenshots/superbrothers-sword-and-sworcery-8.jpg and here is a pic of my concept art http://imgur.com/BbmjP .

Now, which version or rpg maker can help me best make something akin to that?

Thank you all in advance.

2. ♥SOURCE♥

♥SOURCE♥ Too sexy for your party. Member

Every version is very capable of help you making something unique and outstanding. But it is exactly that, just a help, a tool. You're the one who will use the tool, so my advice here is just, download whatever version you feel like and see how comfortable you feel working on it. If it doesn't convince you, try another version.

What you need to have in mind: ACE is the last version, is more up to date (Ruby version, better structure for coding, etc), it is the most complete version right now. In my opinion, you should get that one. People often complains about its mapping system since the RPG Maker XP's mapping system is very popular and different from the ones found in VX and ACE. All RPG Makers lets you create beautiful maps, at the end, like many other things, it all comes down to how you feel working with them..

3. Stroke9

Stroke9 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Thanks man! Going with that one :)

4. Lunarea

Lunarea Artist Global Mod

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.