Black Pagan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well Let me explain the Mechanics in my Game. I'm making a Game where there are 2 Maps - One for Day and One for Night. As soon as Day-time expires, I plan to transfer the Player over to the Night-time Map. The problem is while I know how to do this along with the Screen fade, I have no idea how to save the Player Location before transferring the Player over to the new Map.

From the Player's perspective, Everything is normal, its just night instead of day and he sees the Character at the same place, turning towards same direction where it was 2 secs ago, After a Scree fade. How do i achieve this in the simplest possible way ?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Before you use the transfer command, go to control variables > Game data > character > player > Map X

This will store the position X of the player before you transfer. Do that for the Y position to.
Then, when you transfer the player again in this same position, set the transfer to designation with variables.

Ace of Spades

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Well Let me explain the Mechanics in my Game. I'm making a Game where there are 2 Maps - One for Day and One for Night. As soon as Day-time expires, I plan to transfer the Player over to the Night-time Map. The problem is while I know how to do this along with the Screen fade, I have no idea how to save the Player Location before transferring the Player over to the new Map.

From the Player's perspective, Everything is normal, its just night instead of day and he sees the Character at the same place, turning towards same direction where it was 2 secs ago, After a Scree fade. How do i achieve this in the simplest possible way ?

Thanks in advance for any help.
You may want to reconsider using separate maps, for several reasons.
First of which would be your work load; are you really intending on making two version of every single map you have in the game? It'll make any future changes to maps very cumbersome.

Second reason, if there is an event currently running when the day/night transition occurs, you run the risk of errors by teleporting the player to a different map while the event is running.

You can still differentiate between the day/night by using switches, variables, etc... and still have desired changes between the day/night version of the map, without making them into separate maps entirely.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

I've moved this thread to RPG Maker MV. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Do you have an audio you want me to animate? If so send me the youtube link and I’ll animate it.
Okay, so I'm working on Draft 2 of my game's script.
Will try to keep you guys posted, if you're interested!

This is vid of my new game, Crystalgazers. A demo is available on my Gamejolt

I just thought of the best achievement for my game: "'I Didn't Know You Were a Developer!' Find and enter one or more dev room(s)."
I made this animation to apply to a job, what do you think?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Koshibari