Artea

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was using RPG maker when suddenly my pc got frozen so i had to turn it off and on again, but when i opened my rgp maker again the page of my game was missing.. if i try to open my game again it said it's impossible to read the file... what can i do? I really don't want to lose the game i was doing i've spent so many hours on it

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I think everyone had a situation like this... this is why you always need to backup your project from time to time. You can try to paste exe and default files from newdata folder, like in manual update. I'm sorry to say this, but you probably won't get it back.

Artea

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
ok i will try with that first let hope it will works
I think everyone had a situation like this... this is why you always need to backup your project from time to time. You can try to paste exe and default files from newdata folder, like in manual update. I'm sorry to say this, but you probably won't get it back.

Artea

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
THANKS A LOT IT WORKED MY GOD I ALMOST WANTED TO CRY

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
make a backup, so when it happen again, you always have a backup.
if you save from time to time, (or every 10min, which I have on default),
you dont lose much data if it happen again.

but I'm glad you got it working it again, happy rpg making :)

Iron_Brew

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If your game is on itch you can host your workfiles there privately and set them to not be downloadable. That can save you a lot of headaches if you want a separate, offsite backup. Personally I have an offsite backup solution for events like these

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

reworkMZ.png
To keep myself motivated to make the MZ SF tiles normal and usable modern tiles I like to make tiny maps and toggle between the options :3
Character selection in games be like
Special Tractor Operation! :kaojoy:
Current status screens for Shadows of the Earth: The Vrila'an Legend. Need to do something about the color scheme lol
Captura de pantalla (259).pngCaptura de pantalla (260).png
My first serious victim in game hacking - Pawnbarian.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Digifa03