Artea

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was using RPG maker when suddenly my pc got frozen so i had to turn it off and on again, but when i opened my rgp maker again the page of my game was missing.. if i try to open my game again it said it's impossible to read the file... what can i do? I really don't want to lose the game i was doing i've spent so many hours on it

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think everyone had a situation like this... this is why you always need to backup your project from time to time. You can try to paste exe and default files from newdata folder, like in manual update. I'm sorry to say this, but you probably won't get it back.

Artea

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
ok i will try with that first let hope it will works
I think everyone had a situation like this... this is why you always need to backup your project from time to time. You can try to paste exe and default files from newdata folder, like in manual update. I'm sorry to say this, but you probably won't get it back.

Artea

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
THANKS A LOT IT WORKED MY GOD I ALMOST WANTED TO CRY

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
make a backup, so when it happen again, you always have a backup.
if you save from time to time, (or every 10min, which I have on default),
you dont lose much data if it happen again.

but I'm glad you got it working it again, happy rpg making :)

Iron_Brew

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If your game is on itch you can host your workfiles there privately and set them to not be downloadable. That can save you a lot of headaches if you want a separate, offsite backup. Personally I have an offsite backup solution for events like these

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Made Edits to a Character Art from 'Hibiki Katakura MV Monsters' (DLC), to Look More like One of My Own Characters. :LZScheeze:

Decided to retake an old concept I was working on long ago, first change I decided to tackle on right away is the sprites. Never been fan of the default chibis, so I edited it a bit... :kaoswt:
8YavqRj.png

Not sure if this will be the final take, but I like it more than the regular one.
Need a few testers for my new plugin, any takers?
Good night (or day) to everyone! :smile:
You thought kids rooms were messy. Look at this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brocbrocbroc