English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So basically I have a conditional branch reliant on a variable switch

If switch is on:
(Do this) *parallel*
Else:
(Say this) *action button*

Is this possible and if so how? Otherwise I'll just have to clone the map and transfer the player to the other one after the event.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN, FR
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yeah it is possible but you don't do that with conditional branch (the event command thing). For that you must create an event with two pages in it:
  • Page 1 has no conditions, and will be your action button process.
  • Page 2 will have your switch as a condition and will be your parallel process.
When I say page condition, I'm talking about the conditions in the top left part of the event editor, not conditions as in conditional branch, which are part of the content of the event (the central part of the event editor).

So the event rule is that the game takes all the pages from the event that fulfill their conditions (no conditions means that it can be played) and it always pick the page with the highest number. So if your switch is OFF, only page 1 can be active. If your switch is ON, page 1 and 2 fulfill their condition, but the game will play page 2 because it's the highest number.

PhxFire

The Eternal Flame
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Duhhh, it was right there in front of me haha... I was making it so much more difficult than it needed to be

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Game Mechanic Design is for looking at aspects of game play at a more conceptual level. "How do I...?" (Implementation) questions belong in the Support forum for the engine you are using.

[move]RPGMaker MV[/move]
If this has fully answered your query please Report your opening post and ask for it to be closed.

PhxFire

The Eternal Flame
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry about that, and thanks!

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I have game ideas, but none of them would fit the theme for IGMC. XD
Why the heck do I keep comparing my games to ones made by huge companies? I'd love them to have that level of polish but I'm simply not good enough.
Hell of a day at the London Games Market! :D

1656892272017.png

Check out my haul!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wayy2ez