Need help with a problem on RPG Maker VX

Discussion in 'RPG Maker VX' started by jprotkarts, Nov 24, 2015.

Tags:
  1. jprotkarts

jprotkarts Warper Member

First Language:
    english
    Hello I'm new to making RPG Maker games and I have this one problem.

I'm not sure how to word it out but I'll try my best.

I got the trail version of VX to see if I can test out the program before wasting $60 on a program, I got really used to it and I know how to add events and make stuff happen it's just one problem...

I'm making a game where you can choose a gender and I made two different maps with the same dialogue just worded differently like he and she are changed, the male map works perfectly but the female one it plays the same cutscene as the male and I tried removing the transfer player from the female to see if it'll loop if I choose the girl option and the class option but it'll still do the same thing I'm so confused about this I hope I wasn't confusing on this please help if you can.

2. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You need to show us your events so we can see what you've done. Descriptions rarely give enough information to identify the problem.

You don't really need two maps. You can have a single actor and use the Change Actor Graphic / Change Actor Name commands to set them depending on the player's choice of gender. If you also use a switch and turn it on for one gender and leave it off for the other, that's an easy way to tell throughout the game whether the player chose a male or female character. Then if you have dialogue that uses he/she depending on gender, you can just use a Conditional Branch command to show different versions of text.

3. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Additionally, you should consider either VX Ace or MV instead of VX - both are wastly improved compared to VX.

Ace also has the Ace Lite version that has no time limit, and if you're willing to wait/search a bit the Steam version of Ace is very often on a sale.

And MV (the newest version) is the first that can create a game for other than Windows (it includes deployment options to Web, MacOS, Android and more).